Good quality "6pack rack"

rubberneck

Ok, so I love my 421 for everything but the fuel mileage. I dont really care so much about buying it, its just that it really limits my range especially when everybody else i ride with is on 4 strokes. I just cant bring my self to put on a bigger tank, just cant stand the way they look. Plus not everywhere i ride really needs the capacity. So my idea is to get a 6 pack rack big enough to hold a gallon or so gas can. That will give me another 25% in range. I just dont want one of the flimsy garbage ones that is going to fold up on me. What good quality racks do you recomend??. Looks would be secondary to strenght and fit at this point. I will only have it on the bike when riding at the spots that need the increased capacity. Thanks.

I have one from Extreme Fabrications... they're on E-Bay. When I first got it it bent on my first ride so I called the guy and he sent me some extra supports and paid to have them welded on. Since then it's been good. He said he was going to put them on all the racks after that. It looks and fit good so as long as he followed through and stared putting the extra supports on them they should be good. Here's the link... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-Bans...sspagenameZWDVW The one in the picture is not for a Banshee, he uses the same picture for all of them

• 3 weeks later...

i had an armadillio "out and back" rack, it came with a little one gallon gas can. I was riding fast over some rough stuff one day and the rack cracked and I didnt notice it right away and kept on hammerin along, till I heard my exhaust note get louder. after the rack broke, the weight of the gallon of gas and the rack caused my frame to break right where the grab bar mounts, and that caused my left stinger pipe to break in two peices. It was a mess.

Update, i ended up getting the armadillo unit from rockymountain. Not the out and back deal, just the regular rack. I found a 1.25 gallon can at the local hardware store and if fit perfect with a piece of foam pipe insulation around each side. Made it fit perfect and kept the can from getting gaulled up on the rides. Nice having the extra fuel to stay out with all the 4 pokes. Only problem is my shearer pipes sit high and spray oil all over the rack making it look shitty quick. But i'll deal with it.

Update, i ended up getting the armadillo unit from rockymountain. Not the out and back deal, just the regular rack. I found a 1.25 gallon can at the local hardware store and if fit perfect with a piece of foam pipe insulation around each side. Made it fit perfect and kept the can from getting gaulled up on the rides. Nice having the extra fuel to stay out with all the 4 pokes. Only problem is my shearer pipes sit high and spray oil all over the rack making it look shitty quick. But i'll deal with it.

Sounds like a gooder rack man, can you post a pic or two of it mounted up im interested in getting that one too!!!

Was it the armadillo 6 pack rack?

Edited by savage420

I have an Extreme Fabrications six pack rack and love it. I would recomend it to anyone. The rack holds up great and looks real nice too. I always have a gallon of gas on it and have had no bending or cracking issues what so ever. You can get them on ebay like Ruko said. The owner is also a great guy and will always be there to answer questions you may have.

i have an AC 6 pack rack on mine, works very well. I found a gas can that fits it perfect and holds 2.25 gallons, really extends the range. Also since i have a +6 swinger it makes it much easier to move around with the grab bar handles sticking out farther

Only problem is my shearer pipes sit high and spray oil all over the rack making it look shitty quick. But i'll deal with it.

ya i forgot about that. mine was always a oily mess, plus it always made me nervous cause the exhaust is blowin real close to that gallon of gas. one nasty backfire and I coulda been on fire ! I have to ride atleast 2 miles from my garage to get to any good riding areas, and then another two miles to get back home. I used to ride out to my favorite spots riding real slow, to conserve gas. First time I ever rode a banshee i ran it out of gas.

ya i forgot about that. mine was always a oily mess, plus it always made me nervous cause the exhaust is blowin real close to that gallon of gas. one nasty backfire and I coulda been on fire ! I have to ride atleast 2 miles from my garage to get to any good riding areas, and then another two miles to get back home. I used to ride out to my favorite spots riding real slow, to conserve gas. First time I ever rode a banshee i ran it out of gas.

I have an armadillo and I found that a 2 gal will fit nicely into the 6-pack portion also. I have the original 1 gal that fits snugly where it is suppossed to as well. Even so, with bungees holding them securely in place, it doesn't take much to jettison both of the goddamn things and go back miles looking for them, or find out that a vent popped off and youve been leaking gas all over the silencers :shoothead:

5.5 gal tank is probably the way to go...

I have an armadillo and I found that a 2 gal will fit nicely into the 6-pack portion also. I have the original 1 gal that fits snugly where it is suppossed to as well. Even so, with bungees holding them securely in place, it doesn't take much to jettison both of the goddamn things and go back miles looking for them, or find out that a vent popped off and youve been leaking gas all over the silencers :shoothead:

5.5 gal tank is probably the way to go...

i like the 4.o gallon tank over the 5.5 gallon. i just think it loos way better because it keeps the stock look.

just my opinion