Y F Z ? !

trav-99

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a fuckin tool..

yea, im gonna go into my local bike shop(yea fuckin right) and say, hey i need a sprocket for a yfz.. and not clarify if i have a 450 or a banshee.. fuckin dumbass. and youre a head engine builder? remind me where you work so i can remind myself not to ever send shit there..

wow, sorry to piss in everyones corn flakes.

didn't mean to stir it up so bad. after all this is the roost room right?

just posting alittle info for the youngsters. if you all worked on as many bikes as i do, you be more specific on terms, & names. try walking into a bike shop and ordering a yfz sprocket, just tell them you ride a yfz, JUST a yfz, thats not enough info, they'll think your a retard. are YOU?

sure i been in & around since 03 here at HQ. and with less than 200 posting, i haven't really bonded and got emotional with many people. but yea, i'll read many of your posts and keep an eye on things. i normally don't post unless i have something to contribute to the site or can help in some way.

WTF who am i, ex-moto racer, head engine builder at our shop. ran the national mx circuit with NAC's race team couple years ago, currently developeing new models with another manufacturer i can't talk alot about or i'll have to hunt you all down and kill you. just kid'in. maybe.. so i kinda know alittle about bikes

but any how, its nice to see how everyone lashes out so easily when you don't know someone, like loco starts off "shut up", and WTF who are you? nice, real nice....

yea, this is banshee hq, f*ck all the yfz450 talk.

Normally, I don't think a simple "shut up" will suffice.

It suffices nicely in this case, though.

SHUT UP.

i guess knowledge is not for everyone.

Apparently, a solid grasp on the obvious is not for you.

I think the issue is that you thought you were bringing much-needed information to a group of ignoramuses whom you assumed didn't already know that the Banshee's actual model nomenclature is YFZ350. Tell you what, let's put the shoe on the other foot. Go into a Yamaha dealership and ask for a part for a YFZ350. Nine times out of ten, you will either get a blank stare, or "oh, you mean a Banshee?" as a response. That should give you some idea of just how pointless your "revelation" to us was.

Bringing up this topic was, on your part, tantamount to telling people that they're wrong for calling generic-brand tissues Kleenexes because Kleenex is actually a brand name. If you say Kleenex, everybody automatically knows what you're talking about. It's the same with referring to the YFZ450 as simply the YFZ. Seeing as everybody on this site knows exactly what a Banshee is, and isn't pretentious enough to refer to it as a YFZ350, when someone says YFZ, anybody who doesn't need to be told when to inhale and when to exhale can automatically assume that the YFZ450 is being referenced.

So, in summation: shut the fuck up. Seriously.

WTF??

You must ride a "grizzly".....

I'm sure no one goes into a dealer and orders parts for a YFZ...when they mean banshee.

get over yourself....

I've never called my bike a YFZ, regardless of the moniker in front from the factory.

Do you tell the dealer your VIN number when ordering parts? That makes about as much sense as what you're trying to say....

You clearly came here to run your mouth.

If this was an "informative" post, it would be in GENERAL not ROOSTING room....

I honestly can say in the 3 yrs that I worked a parts counter at a dealer, I have never once had someone refer to the banshee as a YFZ-350. Most of the time its "89' banshee" or "95' Banshee" .

Since your in such a infomative mood... actually you forgot a digit in the model number. YFZ-350N or YFZ-350P or YFZ-350L or Ect.....

I just went to the stealership to get a front sprocket. I asked if they had one for a YFZ350 and they looked at me retarded and asked if I meant 450. Good thing I knew it was also called a banshee or I may not have gotten a sprocket.

The Banshee name speaks for itself, it's what it's widely known as. The YFZ 450 has no other moniker, so it's only natural to call it a "YFZ" for short. When somebody asks me what kind of four-wheeler I have I don't tell them a "YFZ 350V Banshee".