new banshee

groutman

well i finally got another banshee after selling my last one i would like to build it for 500ft dirt drags just to have some fun with i would be riding it only on the strip the motor needs a new top end now. i picked up a set of drag ported cylinders what do i need to make these work? i need to get some pipes as it is all stock now i have some vforce reeds and a assortment of sprockets i need to keep the costs down for this season anyway {under 800} not including pipes thanks for your help

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh ok well if you want to just get it moving than that shouldn't be a problem, but if you got drag ported cylinders your gonna need a lot of stuff to make it run like it should. :beer:

yea i thought i would leave the chassie stock for this year and just get it running i just dont know what parts to put in it so it will run decent

yea i thought i would leave the chassie stock for this year and just get it running i just dont know what parts to put in it so it will run decent

well i would say carbs and pipes for starters, timing plate, head, there are many many things you could do to it, like 06 said best way to build it is with no budget! :biggrin:

well i would say carbs and pipes for starters, timing plate, head, there are many many things you could do to it, like 06 said best way to build it is with no budget! :biggrin:

timing plate carbs and head any suggestions i was trying to get some used pipes found some toomys and fmf for under 300

get yourself a set of 34pj's or 35 pwk's.depending on who did the cylinders and the durations on the port for what pipes would work the best.i would say cpi's or shearer inframes.have your stock head cut to 19cc.you can use your stock reed cages for now but get a set of aftermarket reeds and put yourself one of jeffs clutches in it from FAST.cheap set of upp intakes.thats about the cheapest and this all will work fine to get you started

get yourself a set of 34pj's or 35 pwk's.depending on who did the cylinders and the durations on the port for what pipes would work the best.i would say cpi's or shearer inframes.have your stock head cut to 19cc.you can use your stock reed cages for now but get a set of aftermarket reeds and put yourself one of jeffs clutches in it from FAST.cheap set of upp intakes.thats about the cheapest and this all will work fine to get you started

i got a set of vforce reeds coming should i put in one of those adj. timing plates