Bob's Raceway, Clarkston MI T&T May 10th.

dajogejr

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, 5/16 line, just get methanol proof line.

I'd ask him what the dumps and mains are drilled out to, just for reference. Open the powerjets all the way, and turn them in from there.

Good thread on PS how to read the heat the plug is making...as well as the burn mark on the ground strap for timing. If you're running +4 on your plate, you're going to probably want to go to 6 or 7 for methanol, and remember to close your plug gaps to .018.

Yep, 5/16 line, just get methanol proof line.

I'd ask him what the dumps and mains are drilled out to, just for reference. Open the powerjets all the way, and turn them in from there.

Good thread on PS how to read the heat the plug is making...as well as the burn mark on the ground strap for timing. If you're running +4 on your plate, you're going to probably want to go to 6 or 7 for methanol, and remember to close your plug gaps to .018.

Nice, I can get that line at any auto store, right? If not, where did u get yours? My plate is at +5, id like to keep it there so I can switch back to my gas carbs with ease. either way, not a big deal to change that. Thanks again for the info, ill check PS for even more.. I just want to get everything setup, and at least blowin smoke by he 10th!

I got mine from Richards in New Baltimore...

I honestly don't know if the run of the mill Murrays, Auto Zone, etc. will carry it.

I need to hit Detroit Speed Shops next week for a 5 gallon can of Methanol, I'm sure they carry it...but I'm sure you want to fire the bike before that!!

I'd hit sled shops, bike dealers, etc., if you can't find it. A small mom and pops shop might have it.

I know my old work (dealer) carried fuelline.

I would get 1/4" and 5/16" You might have a problem gettin the 5/16" to seal at the carbs and pingle.

It only cost about 3 bucks for the line so might as well get both.

I know I had to use 2 hose clamps at ea. end to get the 5/16 to seal up.

The fact you gotta flow twice as much alky as gas, I'd hate to find out the hard way...

Roger seems to think so, and he probably has more experience with this stuff than all of us put together.

However...It's a pretty safe bet on longer runs in the dunes he's gonna need more fuel. So, chance it now....or Pingel now cause he's gonna need it later.

If time and money are the issue...I'd say wait for Bob's, then get one before the first dune trip. But I'd definitely have one by SL time!!

There's a dual pingle on ebay for 70 plus shipping. I think they normally retail for 75 to 80 (Plus shipping...)

You normally don't see too many for sale on the boards, or they're already attached to a tank..:)

Laid off work...hitting the crown a little early....I see how you are....

:biggrin:

I think JD is just running an OEM motor, he'll probably be fine with just a pingle...but I wouldn't run real long distances...say over 400 or 500 feet...

Hell, I've always run fuel pumps, I always cheat....LOL.

Laid off work...hitting the crown a little early....I see how you are....

:biggrin:

I think JD is just running an OEM motor, he'll probably be fine with just a pingle...but I wouldn't run real long distances...say over 400 or 500 feet...

Hell, I've always run fuel pumps, I always cheat....LOL.

When your laid off its never early to hit the crown!!!! :beer:

You guys are correct on the pingel, it would be better, but i think he will be alright. My bro knows what hes doing, so if hes helping JD dial it in, it will be all good. I have been running a stock petcock and bowls on my 34 pjs last couple years and never leaned it out once. even racing up in the dunes. But yes, if you have the extra cash pickup a pingel. I hope to make it also. with the normal crew.

Thanks for all the input boys.. Heres what Im doing (for now at least) Im buying a dual pingel, and I found some 5/16 line today at a cycle shop I pass everyday going to work. Thay had it! For purging, Im just going to run the alky out, and put gas in my tank until its all flushed out. In the future I want to fab up a nice purge system with quick disconnects, but that should work fine for now. After that, I think ill be ready to rock!!

I also got some brand new VF3s to run.. should be better than the stock cages at least. Those wont get affected by the alcohol will they?? Cuz Ill want to run them with my gas carbs for the trails and whatnot...