421 Cub questions ~ new build

dante

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...you're missing the point. I understand what works for you guys.

If he has a pingle an stock bowls...but he is in fact running out of fuel...on gas, how does he fix that?

Again, IF he is running out of fuel. Not what your buddies setups run. That's all I'm saying.

IMO, will he run out...probably not. I don't know his bike. I don't know his setup, his gearing, his track, his motor's needs, etc.

All I'm saying....IF he is running out of fuel in the bowls from his pavement racing and already has a pingle, how does he resolve that?

Two ways that I know of. Fuel pump, or bigger bowls.

Im going to get both, I have invested too much money to lean out the motor. After several thousand what is 250.00 for the added insurance? Look at how much a new top in will cost if it locks up, or worse if I wreck when it locks up.

Dante

My man...I like the way you think.

I got billet bowls and a fuel pump, rarely do I run over 300 ft...but...I can if I have to. (I run meth, however..)

:)

do u run 1/8 mile?Do a pass with only pingel youll see but w/e.

Since you feel the need to argue with me, answer me these questions.

How many cubs have you owned. How many on gas, how many on alky. How many by different builders.

How many have run 200 ft, 300 foot, 500 foot, 1/8, 1/4.

Since you self admittedly have told us the guys you street race with don't tell you what they have, lie about their motors....I guess you can't use them for examples or experience.

Guys around here don't. We know what each other runs, and where.

On my specific bike, with alky....with only a pingle on 1/8 mile my motor wouldn't make it the whole track.

In his specific example...I'm not saying you're wrong, but you should stop assuming I am as well...or that just because you have a cub, or your buddy does....where you ride and how you ride, you don't need one and just assume that holds true for everyone under the sun...

In fact...I agreed with you, try the pingle first. If it runs out...then get bowls or a pump.

If you're not happy with that answer...I don't know what to tell you.

It's obvious this man is smart enough to get an insurance policy...you know what insurance is?

IN CASE SHIT HAPPENS.

He's not racing in the secret underground world on the street of sit down and stand up bikes where everybody lies and cheats. He's more interested in saving and running a motor...and insuring it does just that. I know billet bowls might be a deal or no deal in the secret world of 150HP motors on stock swingers, but it's just not reality for everyone else. Not that it's wrong for you, or right for us....just look outside the box a little...that's all.

Since you feel the need to argue with me, answer me these questions.

How many cubs have you owned. How many on gas, how many on alky. How many by different builders.

How many have run 200 ft, 300 foot, 500 foot, 1/8, 1/4.

Since you self admittedly have told us the guys you street race with don't tell you what they have, lie about their motors....I guess you can't use them for examples or experience.

Guys around here don't. We know what each other runs, and where.

On my specific bike, with alky....with only a pingle on 1/8 mile my motor wouldn't make it the whole track.

In his specific example...I'm not saying you're wrong, but you should stop assuming I am as well...or that just because you have a cub, or your buddy does....where you ride and how you ride, you don't need one and just assume that holds true for everyone under the sun...

In fact...I agreed with you, try the pingle first. If it runs out...then get bowls or a pump.

If you're not happy with that answer...I don't know what to tell you.

It's obvious this man is smart enough to get an insurance policy...you know what insurance is?

IN CASE SHIT HAPPENS.

He's not racing in the secret underground world on the street of sit down and stand up bikes where everybody lies and cheats. He's more interested in saving and running a motor...and insuring it does just that. I know billet bowls might be a deal or no deal in the secret world of 150HP motors on stock swingers, but it's just not reality for everyone else. Not that it's wrong for you, or right for us....just look outside the box a little...that's all.

OMG please.Ok answer this how many Cubs have you ran in the 1/8th?Or the 1/4?Shit im going to put my cub on gas in a little bit and its a bigger one and it wont have billet bowls.We tested them out this weekend whole and no billet bowls.Why waiste the money on something you absolutely wont need.Nate McCoy whose a smart builder told me its just a waiste of money and told me he doesnt like billet bowls on gas bikes.We tested it out this weekend and hes right.No need for em.I guess when you have to much money throwing 150$ away is nothing.Just try it first with the pingel and you will see that you wont need it.Yes the billet bowls are pretty or w/e but why get them if you dont need em.

We tested them out this weekend whole and no billet bowls.Why waiste the money on something you absolutely wont need

You seem to missing the points I'm writing...

YOU tested them on YOUR bikes. NOT his bikes, where HE rides.

Nate McCoy's work certainly speaks for itself. And you already know I like Nate.

When he becomes the know all, all roads start and end with him guy, then I'll listen to him and only him.

And that's not a nock against him in any way.

Tell you what...tell him to run only a pingle. Then promise to pay for whatever damage done to his motor IF (I did say IF) he leans it out and breaks/smokes something....due to running out of fuel.

Pretty sure the 150 he's gonna spend on bowls will be cheaper than whatever you'd have to pay IF (again...IF) he breaks something from lack of fuel in the bowl.

I'm pretty sure I've been around a lot more drag bikes...yes, most of them have been alky...

And Nate's been around 10X that and more. That doesn't make his word bible, nor discredit what I'm saying...is all.

Well How would I know he didnt blow it up on purpose or something.If hes in Miami I would put my pingel on his bike ride it personally down the 1/4mile.And prove to him it wont run out of fuel.If it does I will pay for any damage.Dave next time you talk to nate tell him your getting into asphault and your running gas.Ask him if youll be ok in the 1/8th and 1/4 with no Billet Bowls.With a pingel.

my 4 mill cub was sucking the bowls dry on gas just passed the 300 ft mark. some motors take more fuel than others, every motor runs and acts different. what works for you may not work for him.

I go with "its better to be safe then sorry!"

Are you sure, JT...I mean, that's impossible....he's sure of it....

:whistling: :whistling:

:yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao:

I rest my case.