421 Cub questions ~ new build

dante

Hello, all... I have a new 421 cub with PWK 39's and it seems on top end I'm running out of fuel. Is this normal with out upgrading the bowls and petcock? What is the oil ratio to burn with 110 cam2 fuel? My builder recommended 5oz per gallon of fuel that equals 25/1.

Once I fix the fuel problem then I will be re-jetting. (My exhaust it drips oil, but thats good for the initial break-in.

Thanks for the help...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep jeff at fast told me i needed the pingel. you also need to gut the cap and drill out the vent as large as you can. I went with the billet bowls also. He highly recomended them i figured they were a hell of a lot cheaper than a top end.

Thanks for the replys... How do you like the Sheer SB? I'm running the CPI big bores, because of my porting and flow...

Oh, I'm dragging on asphault. 18/39 or 17/39 20in tires I can't remember the gearing.

Edited by dante

4 mil cubs love fuel. Get bigger bowls and the pingle.

25:1 is a little rich for my taste on gas. 32:1 or 40:1 is what I'd run.

The fact the silencers are dripping with oil tells me there is enough oil...when it is getting enough fuel.

I'd bet the bowls are running out.

You need to fix the jetting, then the fuel problem. Lean a bike out by starving it for gas...you won't have a running motor to jet. You don't need more oil for break in. Find a mixture you want to run, stick with it.

You wont need bigger bowls on gas.Weve done 1/4mile and 1/8th on gas on a buddys 7mill Cub.You will need a pingle.If you have the spare coin go ahead and get the bowls but you wont need em for 1/8 or 1/4 trust me we tested it out this weekend

Keep in mind, each motor is different. JT's 4 mil LOVED fuel, a lot more than my 10 mil does. Every motor is different. for 300 foot, way overkill...but for 1/8 to 1/4, I'd rather have the insurance...gas or alky.

You could get them but why?We tested it out this whole weekend on gas 7mill cub didnt run out of fuel and it was doing 116mph in the 1/4.Trust me 1st hand experience you wont need em.Plus my builder doesnt really like Billet Bowls on gas

And with that gearing your surely doing 1/8th.Trust me buy the pingle first then try it out

Edited by 06BaNsHeE

Keep in mind, each motor is different.

That's why....what if he goes to alky? That's one less thing to buy. If it's running out of gas on HIS motor, not your friends 7mm cub, what do you suggest to fix it?

Again, if that is in fact his problem. Not saying it is... But just because your friends motor gets fuel, doesn't mean his is....:)

That's why....what if he goes to alky? That's one less thing to buy. If it's running out of gas on HIS motor, not your friends 7mm cub, what do you suggest to fix it?

Again, if that is in fact his problem. Not saying it is... But just because your friends motor gets fuel, doesn't mean his is....:)

Hes just still mad the patriots lost and the dolphins are the only perfect team :biggrin:

Rico thats pretty fast for a 4mill.He did 112mph in 100ft?

But I gurantee he wont need billet bowls in the 1/8th.But Try the pingle out first then make a pass.

And if you go alky thats a different story

Edited by 06BaNsHeE