left rear wheel flew off doing 85 mph

Flanagans twin

so this lovely saturday i was riding down the road doing top speed wot 6th gear and my left rear wheel studs sheared off completly leaving my back end lowered and the wheel flying past me. i have no clue how i didnt crash and get injured at all. but my question for you guys is are the studs pressed in? i just ordered new ones off the net and need to know how to remove/install these new ones when they arrive. thank you.

01shee

so this lovely saturday i was riding down the road doing top speed wot 6th gear and my left rear wheel studs sheared off completly leaving my back end lowered and the wheel flying past me. i have no clue how i didnt crash and get injured at all. but my question for you guys is are the studs pressed in? i just ordered new ones off the net and need to know how to remove/install these new ones when they arrive. thank you.

01shee

if it were me i think id look in to just getting a different set of hubs....

alot less hassle

but if they ripped out of your hub.... one would assume your hubs are junk....

i think if you described what happen correctly..... your hubs are junk and if they spun on the asphalt without a rim that would f.... them up too......... :shrug:

but if they ripped out of your hub.... one would assume your hubs are junk....

i think if you described what happen correctly..... your hubs are junk and if they spun on the asphalt without a rim that would f.... them up too......... :shrug:

i think in my first post i explained that they snapped off completly? where they snapped in the hub is still inside the hub, just sheared off. so it didnt tear out and ruin the threads nor did it ruin the hub in any way. and thanks for the input guys keep it coming

If the hub is ok and you can tap them out your in good shape. just get 4 new studs and nuts. put the stud threw the hole on the hub put a few washers on it and then tighten the nut down and repeat that till they are all seated down good. hopefully this helps and makes a little a little sense im kinda tired.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
is that signature a joke to piss everyone off or are you for real with that?

My finger gets sore scrolling past that sig...OWWWW!!

• 4 weeks later...

from viewing your long sig, it says you have wheel spacers all around. i personally took mine off right when i got it because i heard horror stories of the studs breaking off becasue of the added stress further out then designed. i dont know if this is true, becasue i have never run them. but it is something to think about.

mabye someone esle can jump in with some life experience on wheel spacers......?