Blasphemy...

Okay guys. I went out and did it. After tooling around with my bike for awhile, and then discovering that I have to rebuild the entire engine and replace many parts ($$), I have committed blasphemy. I went out and bought an '08 Raptor.

This is my confession.

100_1060.jpg

Now you did it, it'll never be the same ride as the shee..................... :evil:

It's way different. I took it out to Glamis last weekend. It doesn't kick me in the ass like the Banshee did, but I still enjoyed it. I just ordered the "big three" (dual pipes, aluminum intake w/ K&N, and power commander) and that is supposed to push the bike just above 50 hp. That should hold me off for now.

I'll tell you what. It uses a hell of a lot less gas though!

Oh. And I'll still hang around here. I have met a few cool guys here and I am always down to meet up and ride.

Edited by feedmelies

It's way different. I took it out to Glamis last weekend. It doesn't kick me in the ass like the Banshee did, but I still enjoyed it. I just ordered the "big three" (dual pipes, aluminum intake w/ K&N, and power commander) and that is supposed to push the bike just above 50 hp. That should hold me off for now.

Oh. And I'll still hang around here. I have met a few cool guys here and I am always down to meet up and ride.

Nice, I just traded my banshee in on a 4-stroke about 4-5 months ago, (ltr450) super fun to rally the dunes, but your right, they dont have the arm ripping power if the powerband. But i am still happy with my "up-grade"

one

What kind of duals are you looking at?

I've got barkers on mine and boy do they thump. :evil:

The pipes, intake and pc3 will wake the bike up a bit.

What kind of duals are you looking at?

I've got barkers on mine and boy do they thump. :evil:

The pipes, intake and pc3 will wake the bike up a bit.

Barkers. :cool:

I also got a 15 tooth front sprocket and a twist throttle. I think I might hold off on the front sprocket so I can really compare the difference in power between stock and the "big three."

www.raptorforum.com has been my friend lately.

I am looking into getting another four stroke for a second bike, but keep my shee, and I was looking at the 700..............

i know that if i ever buy another sport quad, it's going to be a 700 rappy. the 450's feel like a blaster sized quad, just too small. but hey, i'm 6', 220 lbs. too. the rappy is much more comfortable.

Nice looking Raptor, man. I have one of the '07s. And your right about the gas consumption, it seem's like you can ride forever on a tank! Another thing I like about them is the suspension, they have an ultra smooth ride over really rough terrain. I bought mine to ride trails, and the strong torque of it works awesome in the tight, technical stuff.

I've never had the opportunity to ride in the dunes, (though I would love to) I've heard they work well there also.

Do you still have the banshee? As long as you own one two stroke it's ok..lol

I am actually selling the Banshee haha. I am sure down the line when I have my career scootin' along I'll get another Banshee though. I have been wanting to try out the Raptor for awhile now, so I'll let it have its run.

Nice looking Raptor, man. I have one of the '07s. And your right about the gas consumption, it seem's like you can ride forever on a tank! Another thing I like about them is the suspension, they have an ultra smooth ride over really rough terrain. I bought mine to ride trails, and the strong torque of it works awesome in the tight, technical stuff.

I've never had the opportunity to ride in the dunes, (though I would love to) I've heard they work well there also.

You totally have to visit the dunes! There's no doubt, the Banshee is king of the dunes. But the Raptor does quite well there also.