cracked case

ds41

I recently popped the chain, and i had no case saver and this is a result,

DSC03684.jpg

DSC03679.jpg

nothing is leaking, or anything its just that top piece that is gone what could i do? or how should i fix it

nice ill go ahead and go with some JB weld, what about a chain? whats the best chain and how many links would it be if its stock swing arm 14t front and 41 t back

I recently popped the chain, and i had no case saver and this is a result,

DSC03684.jpg

DSC03679.jpg

nothing is leaking, or anything its just that top piece that is gone what could i do? or how should i fix it

The damage is already done. J.B. weld will do nothing but make it look a little better. as long as theres no leaks, let it go.

Another idea is to trim the busted area with a die grinder, you could make it look better, ( less noticable) I've done this to a few bikes in the past.

go to ebay u can get sprockets and chain together for like 65.00 to 80.00 and u get get them in colors. they are good chains and sprockets.

There is no way I would skimp on the chain. If you get one off of ebay buy a good chain not a no name brank.

I would grind it flat before anything. Thats a big hole to just put jb weld on it. Try to get a thin piece of alum to cover the hole then jb weld around it. Or you could just have someone weld it but I dont think its going to need it because there is not much pressure in the gear side. Either way it makes me happy to have a case saver!

hi my name is tood d messer if you want them welded up its not that big of a job you can call me or email me you send me you cases and ill weld them for 65 +ship back cost sandjunkie72753@yahoo.com 14798463668 is home thanks ls409