Banshee DC conversion How to.....

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/21/2014 at 2:17 AM, fredshee said:

hey snop, I did a conversion a few years back but hids would always drain my battery after a while, I think it was overcharging t o be honest,and  killed my battery, anyways Im runiing the snowmobile reg/rect. but both my yellows are the same which goes to the floated ground and which yellow goes to 87 on the relay? I am now running a 200 watt ricky stator and already floated the ground on it so I want to rewire this so it works the way its supposed to,  do I wire it exactly as u drew it out or try to run it on the ground side like u were saying in previous posts? thanks for ur help in advance.

If they are wires off your reg/rec are yellow it wont matter which goes where. According to his diagram one yellow goes to 87 prong and the other yellow will go to your floated ground.

Edited by d3ac0n
Forgot

On 8/21/2014 at 2:17 AM, fredshee said:

hey snop, I did a conversion a few years back but hids would always drain my battery after a while, I think it was overcharging t o be honest,and  killed my battery, anyways Im runiing the snowmobile reg/rect. but both my yellows are the same which goes to the floated ground and which yellow goes to 87 on the relay? I am now running a 200 watt ricky stator and already floated the ground on it so I want to rewire this so it works the way its supposed to,  do I wire it exactly as u drew it out or try to run it on the ground side like u were saying in previous posts? thanks for ur help in advance.

As far as your question about running it on the ground side, not sure, but from what I've learned so far, i'd be very weary of make all those ground connections in his diagram to the frame. 

This is because all of your AC compenents (cdi, ignition coil) are using the frame as ground and apparently, if you start using your DC components (lights) on the same ground as your AC components then you could start having problems. For this reason it is recommended to ground ALL DC powered components directly to your batteries negative (-) and NOT to your frame.

If you followed this diagram though I am curious, has it been working out successfully?