cfm aluminum airbox

bansheeonly

I have one of CFM's airboxes on my 250R, it's a nice product, there is no drain holes though. Hey Jet, do you live in Lafayette? That's where I'm originally from, will be visiting there in a couple of weeks.

Edited by 92 Z71

I have one of CFM's airboxes on my 250R, it's a nice product, there is no drain holes though. Hey Jet, do you live in Lafayette? That's where I'm originally from, will be visiting there in a couple of weeks.

nope on the s west side of indy ...ride out in danville in. and make a few trips a year to the badlands in attica in.

it does have a drain down in front center between air filter flangesbeer.gif

i love the airbox gives me alot better feeling when i hit puddles or an ocassional small creek crossing...it was a pain in the ass to get to fit ... 33pwk's,intake and v3's make everything go back... from original mounts.had to cut them off frame to tuck inbetween frame

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

whats up guys im new to the forums

but i just bought a 98 stock banshee with 34mm keiehin carbs, cpi inframes, and k&n's

its got open filters and i need to get an airbox, but i dont want to have to re-jett the carbs

will this be a good buy??

Really depends on how enclosed the airbox would be or how much airflow is effected by the airbox. You will have a richer jetting due to the decrease of airflow to the filters. You might have to change to a one size leaner jets. Changing jets only takes a few minutes per carb.

i love the airbox gives me alot better feeling when i hit puddles or an ocassional small creek crossing...it was a pain in the ass to get to fit ... 33pwk's,intake and v3's make everything go back... from original mounts.had to cut them off frame to tuck inbetween frame

What pipe are you running ?

I tried to install this airbox with a pair of Paul Tuner high rev with no succes. The silencer tube 'kick in' too early instead to have a small and steady angle (like T5). I also have 33pwk's,Boss intake and VF2's and it really push back everything. I had to cutoff the airbox mounting braket of the frame to try to fit the airbox in.

For now I 'tie rap' my old air box to the frame. Will see this winter if I bend the silencer to fit the CFM airbox.

For your information: the PT hign rev pipe, 33pwk's, Boss intake and VF2 do not fit well with the stock airbox. The intake push up the carb and the boots betwwen the carb and airbox rub on pipe tube (very baddly with PT). To get a correct set-up I cut the airbox, reverse up side down and fit to the carb boots. Adding tie rap help to secure the modded airbox.

I hope to run the bike the next weekend. I just pass thrue a RZ350 conversion and I'm finalysing the last detail before to ride it ;)

• 3 weeks later...

What pipe are you running ?

I tried to install this airbox with a pair of Paul Tuner high rev with no succes. The silencer tube 'kick in' too early instead to have a small and steady angle (like T5). I also have 33pwk's,Boss intake and VF2's and it really push back everything. I had to cutoff the airbox mounting braket of the frame to try to fit the airbox in.

For now I 'tie rap' my old air box to the frame. Will see this winter if I bend the silencer to fit the CFM airbox.

For your information: the PT hign rev pipe, 33pwk's, Boss intake and VF2 do not fit well with the stock airbox. The intake push up the carb and the boots betwwen the carb and airbox rub on pipe tube (very baddly with PT). To get a correct set-up I cut the airbox, reverse up side down and fit to the carb boots. Adding tie rap help to secure the modded airbox.

I hope to run the bike the next weekend. I just pass thrue a RZ350 conversion and I'm finalysing the last detail before to ride it ;)

So does it not fit very well because of the silencers or because of the intake setup pushing everything back further? Im about to buy pt mids but want to be able to use my cfm.

• 2 weeks later...

So does it not fit very well because of the silencers or because of the intake setup pushing everything back further? Im about to buy pt mids but want to be able to use my cfm.

Keihin 33pwk's, Boss intake, VF2 and CFM airbox: you need to cut the airbox mounting bracket to put the airbox in place.

FYI: I never tried my intake set-up with the stock air box bracket in place.

Fat Boy 2 silencer and CFM airbox: will not fit. The Fat Boy 2 silencer tube 'kick in' as soon they go out of the silencer and the CFM airbox is wider that stock. So to fit the CFM airbox with PT pipe, you need to modify the Fat boy 2 silencer.

To solve the fitting issue, I will need to change the silencer tube and replace it by a new strait tube with a small and steady angle to the PT pipe (like my older T5 was).