Running on 1 cylinder

this kind of sounds like my buddies problem... he realized his carbs werent in sync yesterday... im hopeing that helps.. he has my good stator ,

i think he's going to come by and get my coil today. his bike runs, it just runs like crap.. no bottom end, he said when it finally gets going it runs alittle better.this is my old set up ,i know how hard it should run,

it wont even spin the tires taking off in 2nd on pavement.. id leave 10 foot black marks with this set up on my bike.

this kind of sounds like my buddies problem... he realized his carbs werent in sync yesterday... im hopeing that helps.. he has my good stator ,

i think he's going to come by and get my coil today. his bike runs, it just runs like crap.. no bottom end, he said when it finally gets going it runs alittle better.this is my old set up ,i know how hard it should run,

it wont even spin the tires taking off in 2nd on pavement.. id leave 10 foot black marks with this set up on my bike.

I have spark on both cylinders, choke tube is good... The right side cylinder still isnt firing though, if i swap the wires the right cylinder still isnt firing...

yamaha tryed putting a new coil, cdi box rebuilt the carbs and did a compression test and after 4 hours of labour i told them to stop and i would try fixing it myself...

anyone got any other suggestions? could it be the stator???

Pull it and mabey your key sheared off like i said before..

On a diff note, did ya get the M/O yet :biggrin: :biggrin:

I have spark on both cylinders, choke tube is good... The right side cylinder still isnt firing though, if i swap the wires the right cylinder still isnt firing...

yamaha tryed putting a new coil, cdi box rebuilt the carbs and did a compression test and after 4 hours of labour i told them to stop and i would try fixing it myself...

anyone got any other suggestions? could it be the stator???

If the problem doesn't follow the plug wire, it is NOT electrical. IF the carbs are clean and sync'd, it could be an air leak or a leaky headgasket. What does the plug look like on the bad side?? Water beaded on it? Oily and black. Dry?

If the problem doesn't follow the plug wire, it is NOT electrical. IF the carbs are clean and sync'd, it could be an air leak or a leaky headgasket. What does the plug look like on the bad side?? Water beaded on it? Oily and black. Dry?

Plug is dry, defenitly not fowled.

How would i test if i have a leaky head gasket?

Plug is dry, defenitly not fowled.

How would i test if i have a leaky head gasket?

The plug should be wet with gas if it is getting fuel in that cylinder, but not running on that cylinder. I'd say that you have a clogged pilot jet, or other carb issues.

As far as the head gasket, ..an easy way is just to check the radiator and see if it is still full (assuming it was full at one point). If it's not full, the water had to go somewhere..out the overflow or through the head gasket.

• 2 weeks later...

screamingthrottle... did you find what was wrong?

think i'm having the same exact problem. right side isn't firing. cleaned the carb and replaced the pilot jet. pulled the plug and it was dry. so.. for some reason its not getting fuel. haven't checked the reeds yet. if those are fine, what else could it be?

Well, i took it into Yamaha, they said they sucked all the oil from down in the crank, brought it home and it started to fire just on the left hand side again with the right side firing on occasion... im thinking it may be my carbs? Yamaha also tor them down and jetted it with new pilots.

If i dial the idle jets all the way in it still runs... shouldnt it die? it just pukes fuel out the right side exhaust (the non running cylinder)

any help or suggestions to check is appreciated as i am going insane trying to get this thing to run

Compression is also up at 124-125 ish on both sides

-atvfreestylekid, what are you meaning by the feul levels?

Edited by screamningthrottlebanshee