Frist real ride today.

rigger

Well took the new/used Banshee out for her first ride today. Just brought her home a couple of weeks ago and gave it a good going through. Replaced what was needed to get her up and rideable again.

A buddy of mine on his 400EX, my wife on my 400EX and me on the Banshee. We rode and good rough beat up set of trails and had a good time. I had always heard everybody talk about how bad the Banshee was for trail riding. Now I really think that I could blow the doors off of my Banshee in the same woods with my 400EX but I had a hell of a lot of fun riding it. Had no problems with it at all as a trail ride. Other than the ride is a lot rougher and the steering seems to be a good bit stiffer feeling than the 400, it did really well as a trail ride. For what it is, I really can not complain about it.

What I really like about it and my 400EX, they are both paid for machines. So as far as I am concerned, they both may be older and dated designs but the paid for factor makes them ride great.

What are some good woods set up tips for a Banshee. Mine has Procircuit pipes, geared down already, stock suspension. 10" wheels on the rear with Pure Sport Bandits on the rear. (I assume this rim size and particular tire are contributing to the rougher ride.) Motor is stock. I am on a low budget right now so mods need to be cheap or free. :biggrin:

Thanks for any tips.

At least a set of worcs +2s, like $500.00, best $$ you'll spend, untill you port, or get some cubs, or........you know :evil:

my set up is similar to yours and i mostly trail ride. pro circuit pipes, bandit rears here too, which i really like for trails, muddy or dry. i have holeshots on the front which seem to grab good also. but i do have works triple rate shocks on the front which really helps. also i run the pro design plate and air filter and took off the airbox lid, that really wakes her up too (jetting accordingly also) if you ride the shee in the woods enough you will learn to handle it better also. don't be afraid to slip the clutch a little here and there to get you back into the powerband rather than wait for it to come on. it can be a pretty awesome trail ride after you learn how to make it work for you in the woods. also, if you ride in wet / muddy trails the ebc severe duty brake pads work great. i've never noticed any less braking ability in any conditions with these pads, even after creek crossings, mud holes, etc.