need help kinda lost

Easter weekend is over and time for repairs I'm sad to say. So cruzin up sand moutain the bike start to cut out alittle at full throttle. Went back to camp to check it out plugs looked good but put new ones in any how did same thing. The outfiters slid off alittle and sand was all up on my filter. Took them of cards were nice and clean so ni harm done. Cleaned them up relubed up the filters let dry and put back on now bike has hard time running and at half throtle putters like crazy tried driving around the camp to see if it would stop and then slot of smoke and then it died and now that's were I am now she won't start doesnt even try. When kicking both pipes are putting out good compression fuel is good spank should be good. Everyone things its electrical like something rattled lose. Has any have a clue I looked all around and can't figure it out.

Easter weekend is over and time for repairs I'm sad to say. So cruzin up sand moutain the bike start to cut out alittle at full throttle. Went back to camp to check it out plugs looked good but put new ones in any how did same thing. The outfiters slid off alittle and sand was all up on my filter. Took them of cards were nice and clean so ni harm done. Cleaned them up relubed up the filters let dry and put back on now bike has hard time running and at half throtle putters like crazy tried driving around the camp to see if it would stop and then slot of smoke and then it died and now that's were I am now she won't start doesnt even try. When kicking both pipes are putting out good compression fuel is good spank should be good. Everyone things its electrical like something rattled lose. Has any have a clue I looked all around and can't figure it out.

so how was the spark when kicking it over??

take your filter off and try to start it i have a k&n and ive had something like this happen sounds like your not getting any air. it might have to much oil on it also i had an outerwear once get sealed up tight with dirt but looked to be clean. just a suggestion

take your filter off and try to start it i have a k&n and ive had something like this happen sounds like your not getting any air. it might have to much oil on it also i had an outerwear once get sealed up tight with dirt but looked to be clean. just a suggestion

I had the same thing happen to me. It was running and then it just got worse until nothing. I was so pissed cause it was only the forth ride on it since it was new. Ran it to a shop and they pulled the outter wears off and it ran great. Yeah lets just say I felt like a dumb ass!!!

So how safe or unsafe do you think it is to run without outerwears in the sand? I'd think one way, but then the other (i.e. thinking it's not too safe, but then thinking that sand usually doesn't get up in there too much).

I just got brand new K & N's and have always ran outerwears with no probs...

i dont know about K&N's in sand without bags, BUT for what may get THROUGH them, hell itll probley burn up :confused: im sure you could size up some foam pods. i have the toomey intake if your interested, it will need a filter from them.