arrogant assholes

jharader

I have a banshee and a honda. I never get challenged on the honda, but the second the banshee comes off the trailer everyone wants to line up. In their minds they know how fast a banshee is and they would love to beat one. They have nothing to loose and everything to gain by racing cause they are the underdog. I've never been beat by a 4 stroke. Only a banshee can beat my banshee.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's more about the Banshee having ALWAYS been the fastest quad. I'm probably older than most on here (31), but coming up riding dirt bikes and quads... it was ALWAYS all about the Banshees. The older heads know... :cool:

Your right about that, it always was, and still is the gold standard which all other quads have to compete against. I guess that's why the guys on these newer quads feel they have something to prove against a guy on a Banshee.

Ever look up Banshee on wikipedia? The part about champion of all four-wheelers would probably tick off alot of guys!

Yamaha Banshee is a two-stroke, twin 350 all-terrain vehicle manufactured in Japan and sold in the U.S. from 1987 to 2006. Due to U.S. EPA emission restrictions, the Banshee is no longer sold at U.S. dealers but are still being sold in Canada as a 2007 model and a 2008. It is unknown if there will be a 2009 follow-up. It is likely however for Canadians. ($8,049 CAN MSRP). Its water cooled engine is a non power valve version of the power plant used in Yamaha's RD/RZ350 street bike with transmission gear ratios adjusted for ATV use. Differences between model years are minor, including color combinations, upper j-arms on early models (1987 to 1990) followed by a-arms on subsequent models, the addition of a brake light in late production machines (2002 and on), and minor differences in electrical connector styles. The Banshee has had the longest production run of any ATV. Despite the government emission restrictions and subsequent discontinuation of sales in the United States, the Banshee continues to be the undisputed champion, especially in sand dunes, of all four-wheelers, maintaining a devout following of riders that enjoy a thrill not found with any other ATV in production.

Half the reason I ride a 2-stroke is because it adds more fulfillment to the experience. That is the greatest difference compared to a 4-stroke. My Banshee isn't easy to ride. Yea, it has really good suspension for what I use it for (sand only) but it's a chore to ride correctly...but it rewards me in return for my effort!! Grabbing a few gears in the meat of the powerband is music they will never hear!!

The 4-stroke machines are in technologically superior and modern in design and they can make a rider with mediocre skills look pretty good. If you have no concept on how to ride a Banshee, you are a sluggo.

So basically, the 4-poke is a substitute for skill for most riders.....

These guys just don't get it. There wouldn't even be 4-pokes if it weren't a mandate on emissions!! It is the environmental issues that have created the bureaucratic friendly modern design quads, outboard and snowmobile engines.

If the playing field were leveled and our Banshees had a modern chassis and engine design, there wouldn't be a single 4-stroke in the field.

(My fantasy Banshee...a motor with 2-YZ250 PV cylinders in a YFZ chassis :wub:)

So it isn't so much that they are arrogant, I think it is that it is more that they are generally clueless.....

I just think to myself when I run across "that guy" in the dunes....whatever lemming. :whistling:

It isn't so unlike when I run across the Harley guys when I'm on my ZX10r.....same-same. :yelrotflmao:

Jay From SanD.

An added note: The 4 stroke is so cool that my neighbor spent $1100 on a piston, rings, pin, needle bearing, 4 new ti-valves, and springs. He didn't do the work himself because it's to "complicated." :banghead: I'm thinking...4-stroke mentality....

I was thinking...dude!!, another $500 and you could have bought a 2002 YZ250!! It cost me $105 to rebuild the top end of my YZ250!!

I enjoy dicks like those 450 guys.

I love listening to their shit talk sayin they have all this crap done to it, and then racing. Then a 20yr old technology quad with just basic pipes and jetting, flies past them and they're like WTF?!?!

Ill admit, even I was starting to get pulled in by the 450 craze, but after riding my dads shee alot, I changed my mind. There is NOTHING like that 2-stroke pull.

It made me find my own banshee, which is undergoing a build. Everyone and their mother has a 450, and I think they're over rated.

If I ever go the 4-stroke route, screw the damn 450's, im goin raptor 700. But, I WILL keep the banshee, Ill just eventually sell the 400ex to either mod the shee or get a 700.

Most of the guys we meet are cool though. They ride 450's and 400's, and they just pull up to us to talk. Tell us different places to ride, etc.

Then we meet some other banshee riders, they're fun to hang out with! lol. They already know banshee's are fast. We meet em and they show us new places.

Also, yamaha pisses me off. :mad:

They can EASILY make the banshee clean-running and update the chassis, but its too much money to do it.. -_-

Look at the Evinrude E-Tecs, they run cleaner then 4-strokes do. If yamaha put that technology into a 500cc banshee 2-stroke, they can have a super-fast clean burning 450 killer. You'll never have to change the plugs, and it will barely pollute.

Come on Yamaha! :banghead:

here it is in a nutshell. i raced motorcross on a banshee for six years , possibly the worst thing you can do on a banshee. spent alot of money to make it work for this. it was a blast and did very well locally. my idol was doug eichner who had one of the baddest mx banshees on the planet and just killed people on it. now you have to remember this was when the 250r was the best choice fro mx. had a ton of fun on it. then i decided to go falt track racing , man was that fun. more suited to the banshee ,had to change a few things but all in all wasnt to bad. won a ton of races on that thing. we all used to go to flat rivers missouri for long weekend rides. lots of sand flats and a few hills. the banshee was awesome in this terrain. i eventually sold it with a tear in my eye, so i could go modified racing. now 8 years later , i recently bought two banshees 87 and 96 same year as my last one . stripped it powdercoated and every aftermarket piece you can buy. it looks like a million bucks. and ive caught my self sitting in my garage with a glazed over look starring at it tell my wife tells me to come to bed. the motor will be done next week ,and i cant hardly sleep and when i do all i can think about is ripping that sob across whatever god lays in front of me. i bought my wife a raptor 250 and my daughter a trx90. and we are heading out this spring to camp at ole st joe st park. my buddies have been ripping me about the vintage while my wife and kid sit aboard new 4 strokes. and i just tell em its the principal of the thing. some of the best times i have had have been sitng on a banshee........