How much time are you getting on a tank

I just bought a 2002 banshee and cant figure it out it runs great but im only getting around 45 min per tank. I havent had any extended ride time on a banshee for 5 or 6 years but I sure dont rember these things burning this much fuel. There is no fuel leaking out when it is sitting still as would be the case if there were a stuck float or something. thanks for the help

I just bought a 2002 banshee and cant figure it out it runs great but im only getting around 45 min per tank. I havent had any extended ride time on a banshee for 5 or 6 years but I sure dont rember these things burning this much fuel. There is no fuel leaking out when it is sitting still as would be the case if there were a stuck float or something. thanks for the help

45 min per tank? i would have to say you have a leak.

turn the gas valve on and let it sit, mine will leave me a nice puddle if its left on and it drips even when the quad is running. its pretty clear its coming from one of the carb hoses. my tank doesnt last long. i wonder if its the same problem. im going to check it out on Saturday...

I agree

Well I dont have any leaks at all when the machine is just sitting there not running let it sit for an hour with a large piece of card board under it and nothing. The floats were adjusted where they were suposed to be but I lowered the level just for good measure and still got the same results. Is it posible that something is causing the floats to stick only when the engine is running. I have been testing it on Flat fire roads no jumps so I dont think sloshing is a concern.

I can get a good day out of my tank..that is just with basic mods, and also not riding every minute of the day. (hillclimbing a few runs, putting around, stopping to take a break, take pics, etc)

Probably If I ran non stop I would see 3hours give or take..

45 minutes sounds like you have a leak, there is no way in hell you are eating through 12 litres of fuel that fast...

thats a shit load of gas unless you have like a 10 mil drag port lol.

are your cylinders ported?

with the bolt ons, i can get over 100 km out of a tank if i just cruise in high gear.

normal riding i get probably 4 hours of solid riding. 2 to 3 hours if im givin er shit the entire time.

my carbs overflow if im on a side hill, or doing donuts on the road you can see a bit of gas when the roads wet. maybe yours only leak when the bikes moving/ sloshing around so you dont notice. just a thought

You must have a leak or the jetting is WAY off. I have a stock motor with the usual bolt-ons (pipes, cool head, reeds, K&N, air box lid removed) and a tank lasts me 3-4 hours in the dunes. There was a time when I was messing with the jets for the mods that I got horrible gas mileage, but when you get it dialed the gas mileage turns pretty good again.