degreasing cases

so i have some gunk brand engine brite. if i soak the cases down in this and then pressure wash them off what may rust? is there anything on split cases you guys suggest i remove? anything that perhaps cant be removed and is not oil carrying or lubricated should dry out in an oven corrosion free right?

so i have some gunk brand engine brite. if i soak the cases down in this and then pressure wash them off what may rust? is there anything on split cases you guys suggest i remove? anything that perhaps cant be removed and is not oil carrying or lubricated should dry out in an oven corrosion free right?

Any steel that hasn't been coated may rust. The cases themselves are cast aluminium...you're A OK there.

Remove any clips/etc. that could be lost by the the water pressure...otherwise, fire away.

Throw some WD40 on it after you wash and dry them, that way you don't have to worry about corrosion, and it'll wipe off fine. Then use brake clean to clean it and dry it before assembly.

Brake clean is one of the best inventions ever, it rests up there with Duct Tape and JB Weld.....LOL.

go buy your self some napa degreaser, theshee used it on his wifes motor and it was insane how much shit it took off. sparyed it on and let it sit for 10 mins then washed it off, it was like he did a diesel hotwash on it

yes, greg is right... the napa degreaser is GREAT!

• 11 years later...
15 hours ago, john mariner said:

I would say not to use a very heavy duty degreaser in this situation , I typically use the spray green degreasers and do wash alum.

RX Marine was established in 1996 in Mumbai, India; as chemical manufacturing company catering exclusively to the needs of the marine industry. In a short span of 12 years the company has established itself as one of the leading wholesale suppliers of a wide range of chemicals for - Marine industry internationally - and other local industires and plants. Our client list bears testimony to this. The RXSOL policy has its foundations on two pillars of strength - a continuous investment in research and development to deliver premium quality products and a commitment to service.

-------------------

Degreaser 

Edited by john mariner