Top speed 2

jmd0346

Guess that just had to get warmed up. Give us an update on how fast they are. Thats the first thing that non banshee owners ask me about mine, is how fast will it go. I dont have any idea, im not a human speedometer, no what I mean.

Wonder if the speedo., tac., etc. that you can get for them are accurate?

Yeah I get the same thing and all I can do is guess. I just got the gun in today. Ill give a update this weekend. Im probably gonna ride sunday. This sounds bad but Im really thinking about charging people to get a reading were we ride. LOL Hey I figure 5bux for two runs is legit. Heck I bet I have it paid for in one weekend.lol I probably wont though. I give everything away.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys didnt get to go out this Sunday. We were putting my new engine in my Cobra. I did take the Golfcart out and it hit 12mph. LOL Up or down hill its the same. Damn speed control. We took it out in my brothers truck though and shot it inside the truck and it is infact with in 1mph. As advertised.

We're trying to think of a good place for a top speed Banshee/CR500 run. Somewhere the law wont be such a concern.

We're gonna try and get out to the little riding spot this weekend by my house. It has a good dirt road for drag racing. I dont think thats where Ill see top speed though. Too much spinning. Should give us an idea though.

Im saying I do 75-80 down this dirt road. LOL Place yo bets.

• 4 weeks later...
Been a while, did you lose interest in your new toy/ banshee go down? lol

Damn guys im sorry. I have been so busy we havent had time to ride. One of my main riding buddys bike has been down. We just got it running last weekend. I promise I havent forgot about my thread. Just looking for the extra time. Sorry again guys. Ill let you guys know ASAP!!!

Edit: We did trigger my buddys bike last week on the road in front of my house. He hit 60mph in the top of third. FMF pipes, 21cc domes, K&N pods, +4 timing, Vitos power pistons, 18" tires etc... Stock port.

Damn guys im sorry. I have been so busy we havent had time to ride. One of my main riding buddys bike has been down. We just got it running last weekend. I promise I havent forgot about my thread. Just looking for the extra time. Sorry again guys. Ill let you guys know ASAP!!!

Edit: We did trigger my buddys bike last week on the road in front of my house. He hit 60mph in the top of third. FMF pipes, 21cc domes, K&N pods, +4 timing, Vitos power pistons, 18" tires etc... Stock port.

18 inch tires 60 in 3rd gear, that shee must have been screamin for mercy!

We did trigger my buddys bike last week on the road in front of my house. He hit 60mph in the top of third. FMF pipes, 21cc domes, K&N pods, +4 timing, Vitos power pistons, 18" tires etc... Stock port.

Is this on a Banshee? He has to be running very high gearing to hit 60mph in 3rd, especially with 18's..... And if he is hitting 60mphin 3rd gear, there is no way in hell his engine will be able to pull 6th, maybe even 5th with those mods.

But this is all my opinion..not intended to start a fight :geek:

18 inch tires 60 in 3rd gear, that shee must have been screamin for mercy!

Yeah i think they are 18's. He did it. It was actually like 56 I think. I was rounding up for added effect. LOL

Is this on a Banshee? He has to be running very high gearing to hit 60mph in 3rd, especially with 18's..... And if he is hitting 60mphin 3rd gear, there is no way in hell his engine will be able to pull 6th, maybe even 5th with those mods.

But this is all my opinion..not intended to start a fight :geek:

Yeah its a shee. He was tapped out in thrid and just clicked into right when he passed the gun. SO the last reading it got was in top of third.

I will say this bike pulls on the bottom like no other banshee Ive sen. It hangs with my bike till about 4th gear. Then I start to pull. This on dirt. Then run in fornt of my house was pavement.

I appreciate your opinion. This is a cool gadget and we are all gonne get alot of usefull info out of it. Just hang in there with me guys and Ill get some good data ASAP!

I was riding in my buddys truck yesterday and noticed that his GPS has the MPH on it, so I was thinking about getting one of those. I could use it in the future for traveling and such, surely they are pretty accurate. I dunno.

I have the garmin and its accurate with my truck speedo, and it reads your top speed for the last trip you took. Its not a hand held, and Iv never tried it on the Banshee but it will work. Good thinkin!

I have the garmin and its accurate with my truck speedo, and it reads your top speed for the last trip you took. Its not a hand held, and Iv never tried it on the Banshee but it will work. Good thinkin!

Thanks. That happens to me about twice a year. lol :laugh: (If im lucky) lol