oklahoma new atv law

So is the out of state tag red or green sticker too? Or would a out of state 2006 banshee be considered green sticker.

JUST BOUGHT MINE 4 MONTHS AGO, YOU ONLY HAVE TO DO THIS IF YOU HAVE A LOAN ON THE 4WHEELER. AS LONG AS YOU PAY CASH YOU CAN GET AROUND IT. THIS IS JUST FOR WHEELERS SOLD IN THE STATE BY A DEALER, DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE TO RIDE,JUST TO KEPT IN YOUR RECORDS WITH THE TITLE.IT IS JUST SO THE STATE CAN MAKE A LITTLE MORE MONEY OFF OF US THE RIDE.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here in utah we have to register them every year, and pay taxes on it just like a car, have a stupid sticker that has to go on front and rear (some do one on each side), and its a new sticker every year. It was like $80 for my new 06. it will go down over the years and will bottom out about $40.

I forgot to renew my warrior last spring and got a ticket, ticket was $100 and i had to register the thing first. just like a car ticket too, only had so much time or i woulda had a warrant.

We got cops on atv's and side y sides every where here, any where you can think of taking a bike, better expect to see a cop.

Out of staters have to get a temp tag to ride here too.

in indiana they have a 3 year sticker for $36... where they get you is that you have to pay taxes on it for those 3 years... they wind up taking $300 total over those 3 years on ONE quad

LUCKILY it's optional.. but manditory for state parks( 1 )

anyone from oklahoma planning on riding this saturday or sunday ?

thats why LS has not expanded or gotten anything better for the park..If they got to put even a portion of the money they earned back into the park it would be sweet! instead that park is keeping those po dunk off the highway stop parks open and maintained

I wish they wouldn't expand it. as it is, when the camps are full so are the dunes! :blink:

We used to get Titles with our bikes, you paid to transfer/buy them...etc.

Just like a car, but it plainly said on the title Not for highway USE, ORV.

They never check for that...

What they do check for is ORV stickers. It was 16.25 last year, good for a year. Not sure if they raised it or not.

Any marked ORV trail you have to have spark arrestors, too...

Ridiculous...

Also...some parts make you test decibel limits. They didn't at the dunes all last year...but other parks they do.

All we have to do in wyoming is go down to a local gas station or the blm office and take your VIN number in to them on a sticky note and pay $15 for a sticker you can put anywhere on your bike and you can ride anywhere in the state, and it transfers to most states that neighbor us. Utah honors them, colorado honors them, montana honors them... :biggrin:

In California we have the same thing. OHV sticker is good for two years. I think my banshee is like 25 bucks every two years. Thats why you always see is Cali people talking about red and green stickers. There is an out of state tag also for people who come here to ride in state parks.

It was $25 last year. It as doubled as of 1JAN to $50.00 for a 2 year sticker. There is also talk of adding an $11.00 fee to ALL registered vehicles. Fuking Illegals are ruining my Country....

Thanks Arny.

so if you have a bike thats had the serial number pc'd over will they issue me a vin? my bill of sale doesnt list the number. and my dumbass didnt write it down before it went out!!

dude, dont worry about it, no one in oklahoma checks vins or cares. if a bank or insurance company want it just make up a number that one my insurance agent said, just aslong as it can be identified...if you need and engraver let me know, i have a dremmel you can use...=]