Chain and sprocket set

gentner8

Has anybody here tried the colored chain kits from ebay? Do they last, or at least decent quality? Are they hard to keep clean and looking good? Otherwise, Im looking for some ideas for a new setup for woods and dirt riding. I dont want to spend a fortune, but I dont want junk. Are the xrings any good?

~Jay

Has anybody here tried the colored chain kits from ebay? Do they last, or at least decent quality? Are they hard to keep clean and looking good? Otherwise, Im looking for some ideas for a new setup for woods and dirt riding. I dont want to spend a fortune, but I dont want junk. Are the xrings any good?

~Jay

usually you get what you pay for . if its a cheap price then its probably a cheap chain . i wouldnt skimp out on a chain , could break and crack your engine cases . not worth trying to save a couple bucks in that department .

unless it's a well known name i'd stay away from the cheap e-bay chains. as far as the x-ring chains, i''ve been running a DID x-ring for a few years and it seems to be holding up well. clean it, lube it, keep it adjusted right and it should last you a long time. and i agree with woodro77, you don't want a cheap chain to break and cause other issues also.

I just got a D.I.D. chain. The quality seems really good. what size sproket do you run? :evil:

I was just going to get this setup from ebay. It seems like it would be durable. Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RK-ATV-CHAI...p3286.m20.l1116

Since I got the bike I have been doing nothing but buy parts to get it right again. When I got it home from picking it up, I noticed the seller did not take as good of care of it as he claimed. Come to think of it, he may have never even heard of maintenance. So now I am just trying to make sure the bike is solid and safe. A few upgrades have snuck past the wife tho.... :ninja:

So I was just going to go with the stock sizes until I get some time on it. Then I can make further changes to suit me.

Yea RK chains are good to. That is what I am running. I am running the 520xso wich is just the standard x ring chain. That one in the auction says it is a 520EXW. Same Chain lengths as the standard 520, and 520 x ring chain only with better sealing rings. The call the EW rings.

The chain will be just silver in color. If you wanted a gold chain you need to put GB in front of the chain name. GB520EXW for the EW Ring or GB520xso for the gold x ring chain.