Power Valves

Handyman

A diesel banshee would be the absolute shit. IDI would probably even let you use stock style pistons (without a bowl) with good rpm capabilities. Maybe use an rz oil injection pump to squirt the crank and rod bearings. I like where this is going... :smile: Kicking 17:1+ compression over would be a bitch though.

Edited by Whitbread

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because you got wood when he said that he would get wood, does not mean that is his problem................ :laugh:

K, I think "wood" will have to become one of those "lock box" words for forum users. Replacement word unknown as of yet.

I only have about 5 things that give me "word unknown" and they do not come on a Banshee chassis. :biggrin:

Brandon

K, I think "wood" will have to become one of those "lock box" words for forum users. Replacement word unknown as of yet.

I only have about 5 things that give me "word unknown" and they do not come on a Banshee chassis. :biggrin:

Brandon

replacement word = unicorn :laugh:

A diesel banshee would be the absolute shit. IDI would probably even let you use stock style pistons (without a bowl) with good rpm capabilities. Maybe use an rz oil injection pump to squirt the crank and rod bearings. I like where this is going... :smile: Kicking 17:1+ compression over would be a bitch though.

Nah, you wouldn't need to oil the bearings, you can mix two stroke oil with diesel fuel........... :geek:

Dude, just stop voicing your opinion. Your not going to get anything out of it other than pissed off members.

I bet a deisel banshee would kill on trails. If I saw one riding around puffing smoke I would def. do a double take and then want to race it. lol

Props for being the first to "go there" with a banshee firehead. Its gona be sick if you really do it. :thumbsup:

Dude, just stop voicing your opinion. Your not going to get anything out of it other than pissed off members.

I bet a deisel banshee would kill on trails. If I saw one riding around puffing smoke I would def. do a double take and then want to race it. lol

Props for being the first to "go there" with a banshee firehead. Its gona be sick if you really do it. :thumbsup:

I am all for engine swaps in everything, be it a car or a quad. I just don't see where putting a diesel engine in a sport quad would be worth it.

Can someone explain to me where the performance gains will be?

My banshee puffs smoke right now.. Diesels that pour "black smoke" are not burning all their fuel. That black smoke you see is unburnt fuel.

Edited by sheeblue01

Gas engines > Diesel engines, the only thing that diesel engines are good for is towing. If diesel engines were "superior" to gas engines then you would see them in every car on the road and every race car.

My magic engineering crystal ball says that's exactly what you will see. :thumbsup:

Can someone explain to me where the performance gains will be?

My banshee puffs smoke right now.. Diesels that pour "black smoke" are not burning all their fuel. That black smoke you see is unburnt fuel.

I am not sure there would be a performance gain beyond a certain point. Obviously the engine speed would need to be adjusted for the diesel combustion cycle which mean torque would go up and horsepower would go down.

Mostly, the diesel thing is just something fun to do........ :geek: