Remember These?

Remember when the Banshee was in about every other issue of DirtWheels mags, and others, sure was the good o days wasnt it? I still have a bunch of the old issues somewhere, need to dig em out. I think the last of the shootouts involving the Banshee was the 2001 issue I posted below with the DS650, Raptor660, Cannondale, EX400, & good ol Banshee 350 Twin 2 Stroke 6 Speed, Ass kicken, Arm rippen most exciting quad youll ever ride, Period. Sorry got carried away! Anyone remember any issues after this one including the Banshee in a shootout, or even just an article on it?

DSC03113.jpg

last time i checked dirt wheels and atv sport were writting articles about blasters and banshees with optional high compression pistons that they didnt opt for because it cost too much money, thats when i ended my subscription, ive seen a copuple articles about banshees in the past few years, one guy has a basically bone stock banshee, other than +1 a arms, some bottom of the line works shocks and a wider axle and graphics and they gave him a 1 page article saying how tricked out his banshee was and there wasnt much left to be done..its pathetic

Sometime in 06' for the "last year" they gave the banshee a real short article with a couple of pages showing all of the diff color combos and the slight changes made over the years. Pissed me off that the only one not shown was the 06' SE that I have.

Remember when the Banshee was in about every other issue of DirtWheels mags, and others, sure was the good o days wasnt it? I still have a bunch of the old issues somewhere, need to dig em out. I think the last of the shootouts involving the Banshee was the 2001 issue I posted below with the DS650, Raptor660, Cannondale, EX400, & good ol Banshee 350 Twin 2 Stroke 6 Speed, Ass kicken, Arm rippen most exciting quad youll ever ride, Period. Sorry got carried away! Anyone remember any issues after this one including the Banshee in a shootout, or even just an article on it?

DSC03113.jpg

How did the Banshee fare in their shootout, just out of curiousity?

Ya I have every issue of Dirtwheels from January 02 until March 08 I have been a loyal subscriber since an I can remeber back when I started reading that magazine for the first time an wanted a banshee from the first time I read it in the magazine.

I dont have that issue posted in the pic but I do have 4wheel-atv action test where it was the raptor 660 vs banshee vs ds 650 vs 400ex vs cannondale cannibal an this test was done back in 02 & is basically the same test they said the shee was out dated an wasnt up to the comfort level an handled like shit but it went the fastest when they got top-speed numbers

Banshee-77mph

Raptor - 75 mph

DS650 - 74 mph

Cannondale - 73 mph

400EX - 66 mph

Dirtwheels also did a shoot out in January 03 with the 03 LE banshee with flames an they put on FMF fatty pipes an it was the banshee vs raptor 660 vs ds 650 vs suzuki z 400 vs cannondale moto 440(the $1200 one) they had ALBA put on pipes intakes an jet all of the quads an put on a praphics kit.

I read the dec 05 issue an wished they had talked about the shee more an wished they would have finished that project trinity banshee an when they tested the 06 S.E. models in the june 06 issue I wished they would have reviewed them an talked about them an showed more pics not just say here are some action shots at glamis an like posted above they never talked about the other S.E. banshee all black with the candy purple ghost flames an black frame with the silver dust painted in it.

Edited by BansheeRider71

How did the Banshee fare in their shootout, just out of curiousity?

Sorry to say, pretty sad from what I read, damn cannondal took top speed at only 74 with the raptor & ds at 71 and doesnt even show the rest, I think someone blew this shootout, although you know alot of these shootouts arent quite what we expected and vary as in BansheeRider71 post with ATVaction mag showing the Banshee with the top speed at 77 and the cannon 2nd to last with top speed of 73 followed by the 400ex aways back. Looks like ATV Action was a bit closer. And the usual talk of the Banshee having the most volitile powerband, and its brutal mid to top-end hit like no other quad made. The truth,I was not happy with this shootout showing the Banshee basically last. SO WRONG!!!!!