Chariot performance? Any good?

shovelhead

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 plus shipping for a cast timing plate from RS or ebay, spend the 10 or 15 you'll save on a magnetic drain plug or a few quarts of two stroke oil...it'd be money better spent!

I looked at their head, and to be honest...it's pretty much what I'm looking to maybe get. 6 orings instead of the 15 or 18 in a regular two piece head....hmm.... And they're in MI....:)

35 plus shipping for a cast timing plate from RS or ebay, spend the 10 or 15 you'll save on a magnetic drain plug or a few quarts of two stroke oil...it'd be money better spent!

I looked at their head, and to be honest...it's pretty much what I'm looking to maybe get. 6 orings instead of the 15 or 18 in a regular two piece head....hmm.... And they're in MI....:)

Have you seen the flow pattern of the head? Was wondering if it is an improvement over the PD or Noss head. Looks kick ass but haven't heard anything about quality and functionality. Let me know if you get one. Would love to get rid of the PD head. It takes the same domes if I remember right.

SP

Have you seen the flow pattern of the head? Was wondering if it is an improvement over the PD or Noss head. Looks kick ass but haven't heard anything about quality and functionality. Let me know if you get one. Would love to get rid of the PD head. It takes the same domes if I remember right.

SP

Not too worried about the flow pattern, rather the easy sealing and less O rings to worry about...

I run drag races with methanol, cooling isn't a problem for me, keeping it sealed easily is...and more people cut domes than they do stock heads.

SP

Did a little research, seems a racing buddy of mine knows the guy/shop making them here in MI.

I'll hopefully have one in my hands before too long...

Nice looking head...I wonder what the liquid capacity is? It looks like a bit more than stock, but a lot less than Noss or PD. May not be an issue though...time will tell. If good feedback comes from it, I'll have one!! I like the minimalist look and the 1/3 amount of o rings.

Not to hijack, ...here is the but... but since both PD and Noss use the same o ring design, is one manufacturer have better replacement o rings?

I'm still liking that triple chromed head!! I wonder what I can get for my PD?? :whistling:

20070119152344aaud8.jpg

The thing I like about the PD and Noss head is you can unbolt the rear hose fitting from the head. Fighting to get that rear hose on and sliding the head down while keeping the orings in place is a pain. When ever I take my PD head off I just un do the 2 allen head bolts and leave the rear elbow fitting in the hose. That Charriot Head looks like the elbow thread in to the head, instead of bolting on and sealing with an oring.

• 2 weeks later...
The thing I like about the PD and Noss head is you can unbolt the rear hose fitting from the head. Fighting to get that rear hose on and sliding the head down while keeping the orings in place is a pain. When ever I take my PD head off I just un do the 2 allen head bolts and leave the rear elbow fitting in the hose. That Charriot Head looks like the elbow thread in to the head, instead of bolting on and sealing with an oring.

Hey i just install a set of the cool heads with 20cc domes. So far i have been very pleased in the

throttle responce and mid range power. My motor seems to be running alot cooler also.

And the rear hose was no problem. If you use some petrolem jelly on the rubber orings

they will stay in place while you install the head.

Anybody have one of these or know if they are any good?

Chariot performance Billet Timing plate...$49 ..great price for billet made in USA ( If it is any good & works?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Banshee-606...sspagenameZWDVW

I bought the chariot performance timing plate, and it is nice, looks great and does what it is supposed to, :thumbsup: goes up to plus 10 I believe. My mechanic even asked me about it, said it looked like a nice quality piece. I also saw the head, hell of a deal!