Chariot performance? Any good?

shovelhead

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL...I was withholding any comments like that because I haven't seen it....

Too funny...

Well...he could start with a blinged out head...LOL.

You'll love it Shayne. I wrote up a little on PS.

Don't know if you're going to have the same problem or not. The front studs as you know are longer than the other 8. I had acorn nuts I was already using for my stocker. The front two would not thread down, ran out of thread... I used two of mine on the front.

You will end up with two extra orings, depending on if the domes you have are cut for Orings by the spark plug, some are...some aren't. My old cool head domes aren't.

The trickiest part is the water neck ORing. It zigzags around...but a little grease or RTV will help it stick, and 4 bolts to hold it on, instead of two. Those bolts holding it on are kinda soft, I might replace mine with hex head shouldered bolts, since I'm running my ground straps off them...

I'll throw up a pic or two later....:)

Thanks for that info Dave,

Yeah.. I should post some pics of his bike some time.. It started out as a $700 project I bought. It was a ratted out 01' with a locked motor. I really didn't care what condition it was in.. so I sent the wife to go pick it up. I wish I would went.. I forked a ton into that thing to get it rideable again.. I didn't realize someone could jack up a banshee that bad! it was horrible.. Bent frame, bent arm's, bent stem, bent everything.. the damn plastic wouldn't even sit right... My wife asked him if it was ever wrecked or rolled.. The guy said "well he hit a few trees but I dont think he ever rolled it" lol

I had some dome fitment issues with the head I bought from those guys, to the point I sent it back and let them keep it. As it turns out, some of their early heads had some anodizing related tolerance issues, but that has supposedly been fixed.

Their chrome heads still don't work correctly when it comes to this issue, but they know about it and I gueess they are try to fix it. However, they are still selling the chrome heads which makes you scratch your head a bit. :geek:

I had some dome fitment issues with the head I bought from those guys, to the point I sent it back and let them keep it. As it turns out, some of their early heads had some anodizing related tolerance issues, but that has supposedly been fixed.

Their chrome heads still don't work correctly when it comes to this issue, but they know about it and I gueess they are try to fix it. However, they are still selling the chrome heads which makes you scratch your head a bit. :geek:

Well...that's been fixed. I have the Triple plate chome head, domes slapped in perfectly...no fitment issues whatsoever...

I actually fired the bike up today for the first time in a few weeks just to purge it...no problems.

Will find out next weekend on the ice...but I don't foresee any problems.

Well...that's been fixed. I have the Triple plate chome head, domes slapped in perfectly...no fitment issues whatsoever...

I actually fired the bike up today for the first time in a few weeks just to purge it...no problems.

Will find out next weekend on the ice...but I don't foresee any problems.

Good deal!

Being a bit nerdy, I wonder why you went with the chrome head? Chrome does not reject heat anywhere near as well as bare ally. (I am not picking at you, it's more of a question) :geek:

A bit nerdy? That's kinda like saying Michael Jackson has a fondness for young boys...

Talk about your understatements....

LOL...

Seriously... I run 300 feet 95% of the time on alky, heat isn't an issue...

Correction, the kind of heat that could be affected by Chrome won't be an issue for me....:)

If I had a trail or duner bike, I'd get anodized or bare. Not for the heat aspect, but for the abuse/dirt/mud aspect....

If I didn't personally know someone that has and uses one, Chrome...I may have passed. But I got a good deal, damn near hand delivered...and I like the less Orings!

i am going to be testing one in the next few weeks will have pictures of the head and assembly and show the differences from it and a prodesign. so far i like the chariot one a lot its very very similar to my cheeta head. simple and should get the job done i will have another 350cc motor to compare cylinder temps to also. the single piece desing should help in flex also. with some minor design changes i think it would be a great big bore 68mm gas cub head also.

I don't want to hijack this thread but want to clear up the misconception that two-piece heads are prone to leaking.

A properly manufactured and installed two piece head is no more likely to leak. When sealing washers and flanged acorn nuts are used, the 'stud' orings aren't even necessary. I include them because some people still want to use them.

Both the one-piece and two-piece heads rely on the washers and acorn nuts to prevent coolant from leaking up through the studs.

I'm not saying anything bad about the Chariot head....I don't know anything about it.

I DO know that I have sold between 500 and 1000 two-piece heads every year for over ten years and have only needed to help a few people with any problems.

-David

What dealer did you purchase your head from? The first three heads from the chromer would have tight dome areas and we milled the other heads slightly larger to accomodate the chrome and addressed the chrome specs. Your's is the only head I've heard about having a problem with dome fitment. We would be glad to make it right. What can we do for you?