Removing axle nut

colby72olds

I got the first one loose, but the one that's next to the carrier is stuck. I've done about everything trying to get it off. I've used about 2 feet of leverage on the wrench, while my dad keeps the axle from spinning and all I do is lift him off the ground. I've held my heat gun to it for about 5 min and used WD-40. I've let other people try too, but nothing is working.

So any of yall have any experience with this? I have been messing with it off-and-on for about 2 weeks and it's holding me up on getting to the powdercoater. I need some idea's bad!! Thanks HQ

1 st you need to buy an aftermarket one with the 2 pinch bolts. then you get a big ass chisel. and a bigger hammer and start it moving by hitting in the off direction.it ruins the nut, but it will come off.

Use a smaller hammer than you'd think needed. A smaller hammer delivers a greater shock when striking something. Larger hammers deliver greater blunt force and aren't as well suited for this.

Also there's a kerosene based penetrating oil called Kroil. This stuff is awesome for breaking loose everything I've tried it on.

try some pb blaster.. and tap on nut with a big hammer while trying to turn it with a pipe wrench .. this will memic a impact.. that dont work try more heat like a propane torch .. instead of a heat gun..

Damn are you a roughneck!? That is what I was gonna say because thats what I do on the rig when shit is stubborn, heat it..beat it...lube it.

try some pb blaster.. and tap on nut with a big hammer while trying to turn it with a pipe wrench .. this will memic a impact.. that dont work try more heat like a propane torch .. instead of a heat gun..

yeah what this guy says...

PB was made by god so he could get his nuts loose....

i was just in the same situation and i bought some PB gave it a squirt let it sit 20 min, gave another squirt and another 20 min, then gave one more squirt and it cam right off with a pipe wrench.

Just as Dark Ranger said "Leverage is a wonderful thing". I went to my buddies junk yard and they had an old military truck with a huge vise on it, we walked around until we found something we could use for more leverage. We found about a 4ft. piece of tubing and wah lah, easy as that. Thanks guys