direct fuel and oil

all right guyz i would like to no how much oil to mix in a stock tank,ex : just fill tha tank at tha fuel station and pour in some oil,of course its not me hu wants to do it its one of my friends who just bought a banshee, well i tried convincing him but he didn't wanna carry a fuel gallon with him everywhere :confused: , so what do u guys think,12 liters or fuel and how much oil??? thnx for all your help i appreciate it

sa3ood :evil:

Edited by sa3ood_banshee

i used to do that with an old KDX 200 i had . just had to carry a bottle of oil. we go by liters up here so figure out your mix ratio per liter. just keep an eye on the pump so you know how much you put in. you'll probably never really drain your tank right to the bottom before you decide to fill it ,so giving a set amount of oil to put in per tank won't really work. go by how much you put in. find out what mix ratio he runs and take the info off the bottle. :thumbsup:

my buddy carrys some oil and a pastic measureing cup. when you fill up say you up in 6 litters then you figure out how much oil you need for 6 liters at a 32 or 34:1 ratio. or whatver ratio he uses then pour that about in the cup and dump it in.shake the bike around alittle and your done.

see tha thing is that we go for verry long distances on road,cops dnt mind if ur ridding on tha road near tha desert,anyway we go only banshee's and he just bought one and he said he doesnt wanna carry a jug around,so i thought that il ask that how much oil should be put

If it was me I wouldnt do it becasue if you think about it the oil wont mix up that good with the gas an running it that way when the fuel goes through the carbs if its not mixed right the oild could gum up the carbs, and or when you leave the bike set for a day or two an the half-assed mix the oil would settle to the bottom an then when he fires the shee up it would be sucking alot more oil an that would definitely gum the carbs up, and or like said above it would run a chance of sucking strait gas an that would blow the top-end.

I would just buy a $5 gas jug that way you can mix it at 32:1 the right way.

put the oil in the tank first then fill it up with the correct amount of gas. if that dopesnt mix it up i dont know what does. and i would have to dissage with the above statment. when your rideing your gass is sloshing around in your tank non stop. it would do a 10x better job of mixing the gas then a jerry can ever could. that is is if not right to the brim full. there has to bea some room for it to move around.

put the oil in the tank first then fill it up with the correct amount of gas. if that dopesnt mix it up i dont know what does. and i would have to dissage with the above statment. when your rideing your gass is sloshing around in your tank non stop. it would do a 10x better job of mixing the gas then a jerry can ever could. that is is if not right to the brim full. there has to bea some room for it to move around.

if your scared just add alittle more oil in. it doesnt tak much oil to turn a 32:1 into a 28:1 or whatever just mix it alittle rich.

see tha thing is that we go for verry long distances on road,cops dnt mind if ur ridding on tha road near tha desert,anyway we go only banshee's and he just bought one and he said he doesnt wanna carry a jug around,so i thought that il ask that how much oil should be put

Hey man,

I'm not really sure what you are asking.

We use ounces here...and I can do the metric conversion, but don't you want the answer in liters? You would use 375ml or 12.67 ounces to get a 32/1 ratio to 12liters.

How many tanks will your rides be? If it is just one, bring the amount of oil to mix a specific amount of fuel. If it was me, I'd just bring a pint bottle and use the measurement on the side of the bottle...Yamalube 2R you can see the oil level and read the graduation marks. If it's more than one tank, bring a quart.

And to answer your question about dumping oil in the tank... I used to do what you are trying to do because I'd leave a quart of oil at a gas station and would fill up there. I would put 4 ounces of oil in a glass bottle and fill it with fuel. Swirl it around and mix it real well. Then I would pump a gallon of fuel into my tank as I dumped my mix. When the tank was nearly full, I'd mix up a quart with 1oz and top it off.

Not a fan of just dumping oil in the tank, ya gotta mix it up!! The idea that riding will mix it up is not really true...unless you are racing MX...

Hope that helps...

Jay from SanD.

alright thnx guyz ill tell him that he could loose a top end,since he just had his top end rebuild,and i would never just dump it in cuz i no it could not mix well and couse my shee to run lean amount of oil,well my told me that since he used 2 have a 250r back then,thnx alot for alll your help

Take a glass jar, put some of your oil in it and then add gas to it. I bet the oil dissolves in the gas..

Just dump the oil in and then add the gas.. It will mix just fine. Just make sure your ratios are correct..

but how to check for gd ratios,he runs 32:1.ty