Mityvac

Looking for someone in San Diego with a Mityvac or any type of brake bleeding vacume. I am having a hell of a time priming the front brakes so i can bleed them. Let me know if you got one. I left the valves open all last night and there was fluid that made its way down but i think there is still a pocket of air at the top keeping it from catching.

I have found that it is easy to just use your finger to bleed the system. If you think the bubble is in the hose. Take the hose off and pinch the banjo head between your fingers and raise it up as high as you can and then bleed the system like you would normally do except you "open" your fingers to allow the bubbles to pass. This might sound dumb, but it is the easiest way I have found to bleed the system with a pesky buble in it wihtout using a vacum. This method is great for bubles suck in the mastercyclinder.

Another way is if you have a spare top cap you can drill a hole in it and insert a airline connector and then pressurize the system with about 10psi and the crack the bleeder open and the bubbles comr right bout, just watch you fuild level. This way works really good, but you have to have another cap or a piece of metal you can put some rubber on the clamp to your resivor.

I'll see if I can find a picture of what I'm talking about, because I probably made no sence.

cmon, put your lips on that baby and SUCK :cool:

brakefluid tastes like shit but i had to stuff a hose in my bleeder and suck on it to get the rears bled once. might be an option for ya. im always all for the use of fancy tools but ya do what ya gotta do.

i think im going to remove the lower banjo and put it in the brake fulid and pump it. i have heard guys that where able to prime the lines like that. i tried the hose on the valve and it didnt help either. hopfully when i get home today the lines had enough time sitting open that fluid seeped down enough to prime it.

Try standing her on her ass end, spin the reservoir upright on the handlebars, open the bleeders and start pumping the fluid upward and let it sit overnight if you need to to allow the bubbles to rise.

Works really good for the back brake to let bubbles rise to to res., might help for the fronts... :ermm:

I have found that it is easy to just use your finger to bleed the system. If you think the bubble is in the hose. Take the hose off and pinch the banjo head between your fingers and raise it up as high as you can and then bleed the system like you would normally do except you "open" your fingers to allow the bubbles to pass. This might sound dumb, but it is the easiest way I have found to bleed the system with a pesky buble in it wihtout using a vacum. This method is great for bubles suck in the mastercyclinder.

Another way is if you have a spare top cap you can drill a hole in it and insert a airline connector and then pressurize the system with about 10psi and the crack the bleeder open and the bubbles comr right bout, just watch you fuild level. This way works really good, but you have to have another cap or a piece of metal you can put some rubber on the clamp to your resivor.

I'll see if I can find a picture of what I'm talking about, because I probably made no sence.

I think that may be the best idea ive ever heard of... Im going to make a cap to do that...

i think im going to remove the lower banjo and put it in the brake fulid and pump it. i have heard guys that where able to prime the lines like that.

This method work good.

I've had to do this numerous times on the dirt modified cars that I work on and it works everytime.

go get some airline hose from a pet store...and suck..

already done it, couldnt get it to prime.

i want to find an extra cap and drill a hole for a valve stem. that is the best way to do it, but with Pres weekend coming i might just have to break down and buy a mityvac. hell i can always take it back. U guys know if they carry it a walmart? then i can take it back when ever i want

Easiest way I have found is to open one bleeder and squeze and hold the brake lever,tighten bleeder than release brakes,it pushes the air out instead of compressing it.

yea iv done this as well, i tried to get it to prime for a long time last night. i just cant get it to prime the lines. Once its primed it will be nothing its just getting it to prime with the two lines is a pain.

quit being cheap and just go buy a mityvac to have on hand! i think i paid 25 or 30 bucks for mine and ive used the hell out of it. its never taken more than 5 mins to bleed my brakes and get them nice and crisp..

mother fuker i have every right to be cheap i spent 2500 bucks more then expected on this build with some low life stealing my parts ... plus i got a new born baby. cheap. pfft....

btw i went to sears.com and they had a mityvac brand 34.99, called the store and yea we have 2. go up there they have 0. so i grab the 59.99 craftsman one and take it to customer service. tell them that i called yadda yadda yadda. and before you know it that 59.99 craftsman turned into a 34.99 craftsman... too bad its ont a tool im going to keep, taking that shit back tomorrow and getting some jimmi jammers so keep all the fuking thiefs out of my truck