Pipes?

skylor

Toomey's have great craftsman ship, and hit harder but it is going to be later hit than DMC's.

Your not going to get a hard hit on a bottom to midrange pipe. They are going to be a smooth pull. Part of the reason why toomey t5's, cpi's, or shearer's have a hard hit is because of the lack of bottom end.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WEll the harder hit will make up for the later some on on hills you know what i mean? I just broke my left silencer mount on the 916's today their rubber. Thats why I like toomey's good craftsmanship.

i've got the t5's on my shee. on the trails they could use a little more down low but you learn how to keep the rpms up. but after i did +4 timing and cool head with 20cc domes and some superstock reeds its got plenty of bottom end for a two stroke.

WEll the harder hit will make up for the later some on on hills you know what i mean? I just broke my left silencer mount on the 916's today their rubber. Thats why I like toomey's good craftsmanship.

The trick for hills seems to be to hit them as balls out as you can, given whatever approaching room you have. I guess if you are up on the pipes at that point, you shouldn't have to worry too much about being below the "hit".

Yes, from what I have seen, Toomeys seem to be pretty nice as far as craftsmanship goes. Since I only plan on the mods listed in the last post, I should be on the right path.

I find it hard to believe the DMC916's aren't working for ya.. What do you mean the powerband comes in late? As long as the jetting is right those combustion chambers will make that powerband come alive really quick! Anyhow, go with the T5's and throw T6's out the window.. NO mods huh... We'll that's what I though like all other Banshee riders.. I say T5's because my stock bike ran perfectly well on them. As booker said, if loosing the powerband, a flick of the clutch will bring it back. Now I run a Port, K&N Pods on Stock carbs, VF3's, shaved flywheel 12oz, cut head .035, +4 Timing, on compression of 140/145 the T5's provide a broad powerband across the board on all gears.. 5th gear wheelies when I dump the clutch at the drags!

No I didn't say they weren't working for me just wondering if theres anything that would work better. the bigger problem I'm having with the pipes is craftsmanship like the rubber mounts that hold it to the grab bar one of them broke off and I'd just rather have something better if thats possible

I'll put in a vote for the pipe everyone likes to condemn....FMF Fattys. Great all around pipe that has better low end than most of 'em out there and has a pretty good top end too!! Inexpensive used and work great....

Probably the perfect pipe for how you ride. :thumbsup:

The chrome is damn good too!!

I've gotta agree with you on the FMFs. I'm certainly not an expert on all the different pipes out there, but I can't forget the first ride with mine on after riding stock. Very nice power increase, pretty much through the entire powerband. Now I'm making other mods, and the FMFs are staying.

I am also looking a getting pipes this summer I am leaning towards the T-5s. I was woundering if the T-5s would be any good for more jumping and what not. I do everything tough from sand riding to track and drag. But I am building some jumps behing my house and i want to know if the t-5s would be good for me. If not what do u recomend

Edited by Chevyman89