Lockup Clutch

banshee4

I was wondering if those lockup clutch kits actually stop ur banshee from slipping. My flat track banshee drags bad and it has a barnett clutch kit in it. Looking for something to cure it. Give me your thoughts. Thanks.

I was wondering if those lockup clutch kits actually stop ur banshee from slipping. My flat track banshee drags bad and it has a barnett clutch kit in it. Looking for something to cure it. Give me your thoughts. Thanks.

Do you know if it's Kevlar fiber?

Red, Green or Cardboard color?

yes lockup will keep your motor from slipping, but the down side is they also make shifting harder. you can get a duneable override to help with this. you might also look into getting fibers from a FZR1000 clutch and running HD springs. these last a long time and will hold about any banshee you toss at it.

yes lockup will keep your motor from slipping, but the down side is they also make shifting harder. you can get a duneable override to help with this. you might also look into getting fibers from a FZR1000 clutch and running HD springs. these last a long time and will hold about any banshee you toss at it.

Do you know what year model FZR1000 plates fits or are all the same? Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
I'm gonna love the override with Nuetral down

Dave if your just putting around going slow do you use your clutch to prolong the life of your override? Or you only pull the clutch in when you down shift?

I put around to the staging and on the return lane in 1st. I try to stay on the gas lightly, but I let off, get back on...etc.

You'll be fine.

Now if you wound 1st or second all the way out...let off the gas and didn't pull the cluth in EXCESSIVELY...you'd probably wear the forks a little sooner...but you'll be fine.

If you're just putting around...pull the clutch. When I warm the bike up...I let it run for a minute...then go for a quick ride probably 1/4 to 1/2 throttle and run through 2 or 3 gears, no clutch....

It's dunable...use it however you want to be honest.

All I'm saying is if you rev it to the moon, let off the gas and let the motor slow the bike down (in other words, you don't pull the clutch in) it will wear shift forks faster...no big deal. You'd have to do it excessively...

So other than that, ride it however you want.