50:1

sheerider1026

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love it now that i use it

when i first got my shee it was low on compression.. i had it bored.. i used amsoil on that topend for 6 years.. tore it apart to install a cub and the cylinders and pistons looked great, nice and clean with a film of oil on them.. now that is prrof that its good shit.. and i rode it all the time, rode it hard,

I run 50:1 premix. I use motul 800 Factory line 2T. It is the shit. Every builder i talk to swears by it. Never any engine wear problems yet. My builder tore down the motor and said everything was in great comdition. At that time i'd been running the motor for a year and a half :biggrin:

was just wondering who else runs 50:1 premix?? i use the amsoil dirtinator synthetic, have used it for years and its an excellent oil..

I run 50:1 belray hr1 or the other, mc something. Have been for years and no problems. The bikes 11 years old and has never had a topend done. The compression is starting to go down but the cylinder walls look great.

I run 50:1 belray hr1 or the other, mc something. Have been for years and no problems. The bikes 11 years old and has never had a topend done. The compression is starting to go down but the cylinder walls look great.

Im going to switch oil. I run klotz 32:1 pistons were only 6 months old and rings were mashed into the sides of pistons.

everyone has there choice in oils mine (25:1) in the shee [better to burn oil then metal and cheaper for now haha], ill never run amsoil i did the research and it really shocked me. every builder i talk to tells me to run castor 927 thats the only oil i run and ever will. 2 other oils that are my next choice are Bel-Ray MC1 and all Koltz lubericants. But just think about it, if a oil has a low flash point, it is going to burn off the piston faster then one with a higher flash point. 927 has a higher flash point which will stay on the piston longer giving it excellent lube. I love 927 i run it in every 2stroke i own, even my weedwackers and chainsaws. OH of course my FAV motocross racer runs 927... RICKY CARMICHAEL!!

Edited by samc

everyone has there choice in oils mine (25:1) in the shee [better to burn oil then metal and cheaper for now haha], ill never run amsoil i did the research and it really shocked me. every builder i talk to tells me to run castor 927 thats the only oil i run and ever will. 2 other oils that are my next choice are Bel-Ray MC1 and all Koltz lubericants. But just think about it, if a oil has a low flash point, it is going to burn off the piston faster then one with a higher flash point. 927 has a higher flash point which will stay on the piston longer giving it excellent lube. I love 927 i run it in every 2stroke i own, even my weedwackers and chainsaws. OH of course my FAV motocross racer runs 927... RICKY CARMICHAEL!!

hey the proof is in the pudding.. i have been running amsoil for years and it has proven to be truly outstanding.i had a topend run more for over 6 years. and still started on the first kick before i tore it down to install my cub, oil is a personal choice with everyone, but i just can't see changing to another oil with the results i have had with amsoil.

No need to get your panties in a bunch about this, just telling my experience...

When I bought my '99, I switched it to Amsoil Dominator at 50:1 since my local shop carried it, and 6 months later the lower crank bearings went. Don't know why, and I seriously doubt it was the oil or ratio, but I am going to run Klotz at 40:1 from now on due to the smell :biggrin: and recommendations from friends!