Very new and need help

moood

Yeah my friends said the same thing,

are these the same friends that told you to mix your fuel 1:1? lol

if you were running your bike for any amount of time at a 1:1 ratio then you more than likely have loaded the silencers with oil and if thats the case you either need to repack them or just live with it smoking like a freight-train for a while.

my math is probably wrong but i'm coming up with .78125 liters of oil to 25 liters of gas to get a 32:1 ratio for 25 liters of fuel. now how many oz .78125 liters is your gonna have to look up because the batteries are dead in my high zoot ti calculator that does the conversions and i'm too lazy to figure the rest out...double check it even though i think thats right...

are these the same friends that told you to mix your fuel 1:1? lol

if you were running your bike for any amount of time at a 1:1 ratio then you more than likely have loaded the silencers with oil and if thats the case you either need to repack them or just live with it smoking like a freight-train for a while.

my math is probably wrong but i'm coming up with .78125 liters of oil to 25 liters of gas to get a 32:1 ratio for 25 liters of fuel. now how many oz .78125 liters is your gonna have to look up because the batteries are dead in my high zoot ti calculator that does the conversions and i'm too lazy to figure the rest out...double check it even though i think thats right...

hehe actually they told me to mix oil to the first line on the Yamalube with a 25 drum full of gas. So yeah either i mixed too much or they're wrong. Anyhow ill live with the smoking part. I just bought a new Barnett clutch kit, a friend recommended them over the original yamaha clutch kit. How good are they, oh and how hard is setting them up without a clymer? The mechanic told me to put them in oil Yamalube or any for half an hour before installing them, and he said not to use the heavy duty, instead use all six of the normal springs.

any comments?

32:1 is 32 parts gas to 1 part oil. 40:1 is 40 parts gas to one part oil and so on. lean is a mixture where there is less oil to the same amount of gas.. 40:1 is leaner than 32:1.. rich is just the opposite being more oil to the same about of gas. a rich premix mixture would be 20 or 24:1 which i believe is what the manual reccomends.. a lean premix mix would be 80:1. a popular ratio is 32:1. ratio rite is the way to go.. head on over to fleet farm and pick one up.

Are you sure about that? :blink:

I thought a 40:1 ratio was richer than say 24:1, meaning more fuel.

I run a 32:1 in mine. Always have and it smokes a little bit.

Idiots are always telling me that I need new rings and that im burning oil. Lol

Find a ratio you like and stick to it. I use the maxima mixing container.

It has a screw on lid. Comes in handy keeps the dirt out of the container.

Changing the clutch fibers out is easy. Loosen the spring retainer screws a little at

a time till they all come out. Soak your new fibers and then reinstall. Put the screws

back in the same way. DOnt crank down on em too hard as they are easy to

break off in the clutch boss.

thanks for that reply, im digging in and ill start the learning process. I hope one of you guys is still here cuz ill be need help adjusting the cluth, i didnt understand any of the terminology involved. I just placed an order for a clymer over at clymer.com i just hope i get it soon.

Thanks again.

Are you sure about that? :blink:

I thought a 40:1 ratio was richer than say 24:1, meaning more fuel.

The greater the ratio, the more lean the mixture. Think of it in the same sense as a carburetor: more air (gas) = lean.....more fuel (oil) = rich.

(it's way too late for a decent analogy from me)

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Banshee!! You won't be dissapointed... 2-strokes are very easy to work on and you have a HUGE wealth of knowledge on this forum!

If you are ever unsure or need advise prior to purchasing anything... check here first there's lots of knowledgeable people who love to help out.

The greater the ratio, the more lean the mixture. Think of it in the same sense as a carburetor: more air (gas) = lean.....more fuel (oil) = rich.

(it's way too late for a decent analogy from me)

I still gotta argue with ya on that one. Its either more or less oil.

More fuel to part oil and its rich on fuel. Its the fuel that starts the ingition in the

combustion chamber, not the oil. The oil is in there as a lubricant.

Thats why you have to re-adjust your jetting when you make large changes to your oil/fuel mixture.

Right? The more oil you put in your mixture, the less fuel you have making it lean.

We are talking fuel:oil mixing ratios not air:fuel/oil . :shrug:

Rich = lots of fuel (wealthy). Lean = not enough fuel (low fat)

less oil = not enough lubrication (boom). Lots of oil = plenty lubrication (smokes like hell).

If the way I see it is wrong, help me see it your way.

:beer:

More fuel to part oil and its rich on fuel. Its the fuel that starts the ingition in the

Thats why you have to re-adjust your jetting when you make large changes to your oil/fuel mixture.

Right? The more oil you put in your mixture, the less fuel you have making it lean.

less oil = not enough lubrication (boom). Lots of oil = plenty lubrication (smokes like hell).

You are correct... Think of it as diluting the gas with oil. If you dilute the gas...there's less gas compared to what ever you are diluting it with...less is "lean".

hey man

where do you live?

ill help you out with the metric mixes cause im aussie and that what we use

for 5L of fuel add 160mL of oil

10L of fuel add 320mL of oil

20L of fuel add 640mL of oil

thats a 32:1 fuel mix ratio

i buy 4 litre bottles and use a 1 litre oil bottle to measure my oil, it doesnt have to be exact.

what oil are you using, fully synthetic, semi sythetic or mineral, might have somthing to do with the smoking as well

hope that helps

hey man

where do you live?

ill help you out with the metric mixes cause im aussie and that what we use

for 5L of fuel add 160mL of oil

10L of fuel add 320mL of oil

20L of fuel add 640mL of oil

thats a 32:1 fuel mix ratio

i buy 4 litre bottles and use a 1 litre oil bottle to measure my oil, it doesnt have to be exact.

what oil are you using, fully synthetic, semi sythetic or mineral, might have somthing to do with the smoking as well

hope that helps

I thought i'd keep this topic instead of creating a new one. here is an update of how things went:

I drained the fuel tank and refilled it with someone elses premix. It didnt smoke on his shee but did with mine. I guess that is because of the 1:1 i mixed it still needs more time to burn. However whats killing me is it fouled plugs before i changed the oil, but now it only fouls the left hand plug. Its killing me.

As for the clutch replacement, i couldnt go through, the screws were kinda rusty and unwilling to unscrew. I applied WD-40 and it wouldnt turn, the screw would just "tear-off" in the center. Any ideas?

@doorslammer: where are you in australia? im currently in Kuwait just came back from Australia, and heading there once again in mid-Feb, I study there in Brisbane , QLD.

Yes I believe you are correct. Sorry my mind must have been sleeping when I wrote that because it makes no sense whatsoever. More oil = Less fuel = More air = Lean mixture. I retract my previous statement and ban myself from posting past 1 a.m.