Anyone have use or know about Iridium NGK Spark Plugs?

richybanshee

I was surffing the net looking for interesting things and I found something about spark plugs.

It seems Denso, Champion and NGK have been manufacturing the Iridium spark plug. This is the site:

http://www.sparkplugs.com/results_appOther...2898&mfid=1

The spark plugs are for the Yamaha Banshee (BR8EIX). The center electrode is thinner 0.4mm for Denso, and 0.7mm for NGK and Champion. From the info in the site, the Iridium has a 1,200 F higher melting point than the standard Platinum spark plug (BR8ES).

"Originally designed to improve starting and reduce fouling in two-stroke engines, this design was found to improve performance in four-stroke engines as well. All operate on primarily the same principle, a spark plug with fine wire electrodes will perform better than a traditional plug. There are two reasons for this, first is because a smaller center electrode requires less voltage to jump the gap. This means fewer misfires, which should be seen in higher mileage and more horsepower. The second reason is smaller center electrodes reduce quenching." (from the site)

I will like to know if someone have use this sparkplugs and/or recommend using them? :cool:

post-2978-1195514611.jpg

post-2978-1195514622.jpg

I was surffing the net looking for interesting things and I found something about spark plugs.

It seems Denso, Champion and NGK have been manufacturing the Iridium spark plug. This is the site:

http://www.sparkplugs.com/results_appOther...2898&mfid=1

The spark plugs are for the Yamaha Banshee (BR8EIX). The center electrode is thinner 0.4mm for Denso, and 0.7mm for NGK and Champion. From the info in the site, the Iridium has a 1,200 F higher melting point than the standard Platinum spark plug (BR8ES).

"Originally designed to improve starting and reduce fouling in two-stroke engines, this design was found to improve performance in four-stroke engines as well. All operate on primarily the same principle, a spark plug with fine wire electrodes will perform better than a traditional plug. There are two reasons for this, first is because a smaller center electrode requires less voltage to jump the gap. This means fewer misfires, which should be seen in higher mileage and more horsepower. The second reason is smaller center electrodes reduce quenching." (from the site)

I will like to know if someone have use this sparkplugs and/or recommend using them? :cool:

I have never ran them in my banshee, but I used to have a quadzilla and that thing was a PITA to start. Made it much easier to start the quadzilla. I have no starting issues with my shee so I run the standard BR8ES. I think I read one here somewhere that the banshee engine does not like any plugs but the BR8ES but I could be making that up.

I have never ran them in my banshee, but I used to have a quadzilla and that thing was a PITA to start. Made it much easier to start the quadzilla. I have no starting issues with my shee so I run the standard BR8ES. I think I read one here somewhere that the banshee engine does not like any plugs but the BR8ES but I could be making that up.

it all depends on what your running. but there are 3 plugs that are common. if yout running a dynatek they call for resister plugs. run the BR8ES, if your running stock ign you can run none resisters B8ES i think is the plug type. and then alky guys run 9's

it all depends on what your running. but there are 3 plugs that are common. if yout running a dynatek they call for resister plugs. run the BR8ES, if your running stock ign you can run none resisters B8ES i think is the plug type. and then alky guys run 9's

I dont have a dynatek but I still run the BR8ES. Would I benefit from a non-resister plug?

I dont have a dynatek but I still run the BR8ES. Would I benefit from a non-resister plug?

The resistor type plugs are used to help collapse back voltage from when the plug fires. There is a return voltage that can harm sensitive electronics and create noise in audio systems. Bests to use the resistor type plug but the non-resistors have been used for years without issues.

Brandon

if you run a nology coil and wire setup they recommend using non resistor plugs

b8es all the way for me..... :thumbsup:

unless your running a dyna AND a nology. if you have anyone item that calls for resisters run resister if nothing then you can run either... either way u look at it the BR8ES will be fine on any bike...and are cheap so i just buy them by the box

• 2 weeks later...
you wont notice anything power wise by switching to them. they claim to last longer. the only problem is a fouled plug is a fouled plug Iridium or not. just stick with the NGK BRE8S (assuming your running resistor plugs)

The only difference that I noticed switching to them is that they seemed to last alot longer. I had a set last me an entire season. However, I am back to the BR series of plugs due to the fact I am fooling around with jetting again. :geek: