banshee vs 450LT

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SIT ON THE GAS TANK second gear at wide open throttle an launch it an see what happens...thats the onyl chance u got....if u leave in first your gonna get smoked...if u bog when u leave in second your gonna get smoked...kinda short shift to 3rd since 3rd is a good hard pulling gear but dont shift too early or you will drop out of your powerband

I like this thread.. I have to friends that have been talking so much trash to me, while my bike is being built.. one has the 450r and the other raptor 700r..I think the raptor has a pipe, other than that they are stock.

banshee mods:

passion port

bored .20 over

v-force reeds

Noss head

T5's

and some other goodies.

I also have 33pwk that Im not going to put in until I break the motor in and get bored...

Im hoping that Im not going to have a prob with these to bikes...

I was smoking ltr 450s on the strip with ported cylinders. now, i eat most 4 strokes for breakfast. :biggrin:

maybe on the strip but in a 1/2 an 1/4 mile oval the ltr destroyed a 421 cub ( but then again it doesnt matter how much you have done to your bike .. it all depends on the rider.. ) but eah just my two cents ...

well i raced him and we were pretty much even it just depended on who got the best launch i was leaving in 2nd gear and i got brand new razrs that helped alot

Well Im glad to hear that you held your own.. The new 4 strokes are fast machines....

Im thinkin I shouldnt have a prob with my buddies stock 450r and 700r raptor..

good job man...

maybe on the strip but in a 1/2 an 1/4 mile oval the ltr destroyed a 421 cub ( but then again it doesnt matter how much you have done to your bike .. it all depends on the rider.. ) but eah just my two cents ...

Amen...

A 421 cub takes a little to get wound up...where a 450 Grunts of the get..

On a drag race, there is no question who the winner is...

But on a circle track, just goes to show you, setup, setup, setup...

The bigger/faster motor doesn't always win, even in a drag race....

well i raced him and we were pretty much even it just depended on who got the best launch i was leaving in 2nd gear and i got brand new razrs that helped alot

Try going +1 on the crank sprocket for bigger gearing OR -1 on the rear sprocket for a smaller increase in topend and longer gearing. You were probably still spinning pretty hard even with the new tires right? Longer gearing helps put power down better by digging in faster. Careful, too much may bog your motor down. Good luck.

Edited by 4strokessuck

I use to own a Banshee but made the switch to the LTR last year and I gotta say it was a good move. They are fast out of the box, easy mods to do, cheap power, and a lot easier to ride in the dunes, you have power whenever you need. Plus they rip on the track, no banshee could keep up with the LTR on a track. In a straight line a banshee really has a big advantage, but I would chose a LTR over the banshee anyday!

lata

one :evil:

I use to own a Banshee but made the switch to the LTR last year and I gotta say it was a good move. They are fast out of the box, easy mods to do, cheap power, and a lot easier to ride in the dunes, you have power whenever you need. Plus they rip on the track, no banshee could keep up with the LTR on a track. In a straight line a banshee really has a big advantage, but I would chose a LTR over the banshee anyday!

lata

one :evil:

i wouldnt say that. the rider can have alot to do with that. My buddy use to beat me around the track on a 90 XR250 and i was on a YZ125. it wasnt even close, he could still lap me. at the time i was a mid pack B rider, so i wasnt that slow either.

all in all the LTR450 is alot faster than a stock banshee.

Edited by sled