banshee vs 450LT

a ltr450 smoked a 421 cub?

where were they riding, mars?

no MJ at my local 1/4 mile oval track .. i know he has the basic mods on the 450 but thats all he tells me but all i know is that thing rips $hit on the track .. if you dont think it could, you should come out for your self and be beside it on the line ...

Edited by wiecha17

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my ltr450 is just as fast as any stoke bore/stroke 450 outthere.if you race in sand with a good tire and gearing set up it should be close.i mean your shee has more top end so maybe out of the hole hill get you but you should be ble to catch up.

labbordayweekend2007-29.jpg

believed what your eyes are seeing :thumbsup:

no one ever said anything bad about ltr's

its just hard to believe it could even KEEP UP with a 421cub , let alone smoke it..especially a stock port/bore/stroke

i have a cub motor in my shee and on a drag race my ltr would be so far behind that it would be like my shee was racing byitself.on a track however even a oval track[i think]my ltr has all the advantage.and i would never take any cub to no track,exept a drag track.

my porterd shee beats ltr's and i get detroyed by a locals cub'ed banshee.

Since you are unported, i hope you can drive good. They can get off the line very well. Like MJ said, you will have to play catchup if u dont get......wait wait im tired of these threads. race him and find out. period.

my money is on the lt though....

Edited by RagunCajun

i have only seen one ltr 450 on the track beside me once . and it blew my doors off. but i got an 03 with pipes and K&N pods. ( only engine mods) and those pull hard another member banshee04 i think has a 421 cub in his shee and he got smoked. ya the ltrs are super quick bike .. from what i have seen i dont think you will win. just my 2 cents

but if you do race hope he misses a gear or has a really bad take off .

I was smoking ltr 450s on the strip with ported cylinders. now, i eat most 4 strokes for breakfast. :biggrin:

LTRs are damn fast, he wil smoke you, I have a 2006 banshee with pipes, filter, reeds and my friends ltr run next to me and is faster on the topend, my gearing is stock and hes as well except he has gone up from 18 to 20s at the rear, which makes the gearing taller. Ported banshee will smoke a LTR on a drag race, a 421 cup will walk over it!!!! But if your not ported and your weight is the same, watch out.

On the track I think the LTRs will be better, great handling and torque.

Until you get yours ported, he is gonna waste you. Practice your launches and get them down so you have a bit of a chance.

I ran several runs against one last month and it is crazy out of the hole, i managed to pull back up behind him towards the end of about a 500ft race but they are pretty damn quic

Edited by Coupelx

playing catch up is fine but i dont call barely a half tire ahead or something of that nature by the end of 6th gear too much of a rewarding win.

It's fun with a ported shee. You can get detroyed out the hole and catch up and pass in a jiffy :)