banshee porting

im need help to port my exaust cylinder(trail port)tool and tip to make a good home made port for free money to get hp.my banshee on dynojet 47,6hp and 35,4lbs of torque and guy to dyno recomend me to port my exaust to get more horse power with my settup.(t5,v-force2,knn on airbox,knn extreme power lid,boost bootle,coolhead prodesign 20cc dome,piston wiseco prolite 66,50over,intake sligly ported transfer sligly ported,and crankase and gasket matching to cylindrer ,im run o pump gaz.

dont send em out man have a go your self and learn something

buy a few books and read everything you can on the internet and start cutting!

take the port out wider and oval shape the roof of it with the centre of the port about 2mm higher than it is now. the shape of the port is important to get your rings to last but unless you go berko on it you should be right

make sure you end up with a nice little chamfer on the port so it dont catch on the rings and polish the whole exhaust outlet

in my opinion if you take your time and be smart about it you shouldnt go too wrong but even if you do stuff up who cares whats a stock set of cyls worth these days $200??

dont send em out man have a go your self and learn something

buy a few books and read everything you can on the internet and start cutting!

take the port out wider and oval shape the roof of it with the centre of the port about 2mm higher than it is now. the shape of the port is important to get your rings to last but unless you go berko on it you should be right

make sure you end up with a nice little chamfer on the port so it dont catch on the rings and polish the whole exhaust outlet

in my opinion if you take your time and be smart about it you shouldnt go too wrong but even if you do stuff up who cares whats a stock set of cyls worth these days $200??

I wouldnt do that... there is always that "what if" you fuck something up.... then you are out a lot more then $200. Not only that, you can be leaving a ton of performance behind. Just send them off and have someone that knows what they are doing port them.

truthfully, i would say just leave them alone. if your cylinders are at 66.50 mm bore then they are on their last oversize. so they aren't worth spending the money on porting them. i would suggest getting a set of stock bore cylinders and paying to get them ported.

even more reason to port em yourself!

my cyln are .40 over, how many more bores do i have left on them ?? sorry for stealing your thread. had mine drag ported this year.

Well, .40 over and biggest piston before sleeve is .100, well I am sure you can subtract. The thing is not to bore unless there is a "proven" reason to do so.

B

I think he ought to give it a shot... just cleaning up casting flaws and port match the cast to the sleeve it going to see some difference.... if no new people learn to port and leave it all to the big builders no one will be left when they retire.

I say go for it! Call me crazy, pulled my one month old 06' down and started cutting (couldn't afford th $400 K&T quoted me) had excellent results. Made a port map using a pencil and paper, then transferred it on to some magnet material and drew the ports on there the way I wanted them. Raised my exhauts 3mm and matched the outlet to the pipes, raised the intake windows 2mm and shaved 1mm from each side of the intake bridge and knife edged it. then added boost (boysen) ports with a 5/16 drill and blended them in. Cleaned up all of the casting flaws, then bead blasted the intake sides and polished the exhaust to a mirror shine. Was very carefull to make each cylinder exactly the same. Wish I had taken pics of the process, but I was too excited to get it done and see how it ran! My bike is geared up (40-t rear) and I was pulling Choke Cherry at St. Anthony in 3rd, could almost get fourth. My brothers YFZ450 (piped, intake, geared way down) was lugging up it in second. I encourage more people to try porting for themselves..."Built not Bought"