steering stem bearing

am on my way to buying a frame ( no doubt) but the frame i have, the dam retainer nut on the steering stem bearing will not budge.. there is nothing we have not tried.. was wanting to maybe get this frame fixed to keep as a spare and maybe pc later.. any ideas on the retainer nut?? any of u guys ran into this before?

the one inside the frame.. and yes kroil oil (orange can) i use that .. it is in there bad.. i broke a strongarm, impact wont touch it.. the frame is kinda beat up so im going to just get another frame i guess.. its a shame..

what are you dropping in there to remove the nut? I had a problem removing mine to and I went to the hardware store and bought a huge nut that dropped in the hole that I could put a socket on top of it as well to get it out. The nut i bought was 28.5mm by 16.5mm but I would encourage a 30mm nut. This one was a little to small. If I can next time I want one about an inch tall so i can get a better grip on it with my socket. Good luck

the one inside the frame.. and yes kroil oil (orange can) i use that .. it is in there bad.. i broke a strongarm, impact wont touch it.. the frame is kinda beat up so im going to just get another frame i guess.. its a shame..

Heat + Impact gun. I have come across a few frames that seem to have had some sort of turbo loctite on the threads in there. Heat was the only thing that got the nuts moving. :confused:

I made a tool to get it loose. I got a big nut that fit it, welded it to a 1" piece of pipe, then put it in there, grabbed the pipe with a pipe wrench and it came loose no problem. I was in the same boat as you, it wouldnt budge any other way.