Leaking cool head

JdiZzla

Your domes may be damaged. If you want to send them, and the head if you want, to me I will check them out.

-David

I can do that, or if you are willing, I can even bring it out since I live in Prattville, you are just right down the highway 20 minutes.

I have several sets of extra domes I can try out, Gary at K&N said the domes weren't damaged yet from detonation and looked okay, but who knows. They aren't that old either, since the last set peeled the o-ring groove off, I replaced them.

Thanks David

This time it might not be leaking in the head. Since the problem sounded like lack of circulation also, I checked the brand new pro design billet water impeller I installed last spring when this re-appeared. It snapped off the shaft. 10 years the stock one did just fine, 2 trips on this supposed billet upgrade, and it fails, go figure.

• 9 years later...

I had that issue before. HOW pressurized is it getting? When I swapped domes last season I didn't seal my orings in good enough around the domes and It read 150 psi when I first tested.  Took it to the dyno, started to spit coolant out (not projectile) but quite noticeably leak from the spit tube when it would run.  I tested compression again and it was down 10-15 psi. I took the head off, resealed them with a little more Vaseline this time with new orings made sure they were pressed in real good and popped it back on.  back to 150 psi on the dot with no coolant spitting.  sorry for the story.

Edited by Ayesully810

It is just pressurizing a little bit.  I let the motor cool down completely then the radiator still is pressurized when I remove the radiator cap.  There should be no pressure in the cooling system once a motor completely cools down so I know the orings are leaking a little.  The motor never overheated.  It seems like I am not getting a perfect seal with the domes on the cylinder.  It is a cub cylinder and a Noss head.  I guess I need to check the cylinder for flatness.  Any chance the domes could be damaged in some way?  I was thinking of sanding them down a little so they put more pressure on the orings.