Chain question

Your chain is not stretching.

I had this exact same problem. Whats happening is your Carrier is slipping and turning your rear sprocket.

Unhook your chain and fiddle with your carrier. Try and turn it 180 and see if it will stay in place.

Make sure round house is tight. that might be the simplest soolution.

How in the hell can you say that? Mine has stretched a shit load over the last two seasons.. And I KNOW its not the carrier slipping.. NYUK has good advice.. IMO the best way to keep a chain from stretching is buy a GOOD chain.. Sand is extreamly hard on chains and I think I even remember reading something that said to keep the O-ring chains out of the sand because it wipes out the o-rings right away.. I FINALY got a roundhouse swingarm for this year and Ill just keep throwing cheaper chains at it.. Not gonna spend a bunch of money on a chain the sands gonna wipe out..

RIPPEN

Chains will stretch, and thats that. You dont ride my 10mil a full day with out tightning the chain. I though mabe the carrier was turing, but I marked it and the chain went loose, but the carrier didnt move. If you dont want stretch, get a 90 dollar renthal chain. I can put up with tightning so I am not going to dump that kinda of money on a chain to trash in the sand.

use a throw away chain...........mark your carrier............when its played out pitch it and get a new one......or get a good one, let it stretch and ride the son of a bitch

Just be glad your not tearing off teeth on the countershaft after 2hrs!...gets old

I have a DID non o-ring chain and it stretched a ton.

There were days out on the dunes that I adjusted it two-three times.

I had to remove at least one link (that can remember).

It is supposed to be rated to 8600 lbs tensile strength. I wonder about that.

I'm gonna try an x-ring chain next time. :yes:

A good chain is a lot cheaper than a new case...we use rk520mxz3 non oring on 130 hp bikes with good luck. The non oring chains also have a lot less resistance when rolling take to identical bikes one with a oring chain and one with out and push them equally on pavement and the non oring chain bike will go farther...but resistance isnt important to everybody but only makes since to buy a good chain for 100+ then buy 3 $50 chains or a set of cases...just my $.02