A-arms and Shocks

chiwape

I am getting ready to upgrade my suspension...I am going to get the roll design long travel a-arms...I would like to go with the fox shocks in the front, but I know fox doesnt make them to fit a banshee just wondering if anyone out there has still used or fit this set-up and if so what did they go with?? I also know that elka makes good shocks as well and can get the roll design kit with them but I prefer having fox shock in the front....

you thought they were the best based on what... price?

unfortunatley you cant go out and 'test' them first, so really you have to go on what other people say, pretty much everyone and anyone runs elkas now a days, but ive heard alot of shit about them doing horrible valving jobs from thedir factory in canada, and that to perform alot better people have had them sent out to guys they know to revalve them right away... no matter what you pick, your gona be 20 miles ahead of stock.. but DO NOT buy things based on high prices meaning the best product, or else everyone would be driving 3 series bmw's... but thats another story.. haha

you really think works are better than the other major brands...i thought elkas and fox were the best....

Works has been around for close to 35 years, they truely ride as good if not better then the "BigNames" I rode my Works for years before switching out for some Marvin Shaws. Trust me you wont be disappointed by going with Works and youll save your self some money to buy more shit while your at it.

that being said.. i will let you know i spent around $600 on works and couldnt be happier for what i do, they are triple rate, remote rez's, and perform AWESOME, soak up all the small bumps and ruts so smooth, and then when you wana fly across some whoops or hit some jumps or drop offs, they handle it fine, ive never bottomed them out yet, and they did a hell of ajob valving them right from the factory, i was thinkin of sending them back at first cause they seemed a little soft, i just didnt get the whole idea behind the triple rate springs, they are real soft to begin with, but then i can jump up and down on my front end with both feet on it and they get really hard at the end of the stroke, i love em, and they cost about 1/2 of what a pair of triple rate elkas with rez's would cost

go with Works, they are MUCH cheaper then Fox ,Elka,Axis and perform just as good if not better then those guys. Your simply paying for the name with those guys.

bullshit...........works are cheap for a reason..........if you had a set of elkas you wouldnt be saying that

Edited by Blue Duece

untill someone chimes in who has owned the top of the line works and the top of the line elkas.. theres no reason to argue really, and even so, its still an opinion ,, in the end its your money, buy what you want, but do not buy something because of the price tag, theres plenty of things out there that cost alot of money and arnt worth it, the average guy riding the trrails with jumps here and there doesnt need $1600 shocks

and by the way, works arnt all "cheap"... go price some black widows or some of their other top of the line models..., they are just smart and offer "cheap" at steelers for weekend warriors who dont have an arm and leg to give away for some shocks

Edited by Michael Jackson

bullshit...........works are cheap for a reason..........if you had a set of elkas you wouldnt be saying that

your fukin high! your the guy that buys shit thinking its the best becasue of the price. I have rode on Elkas, Axis, and Works. And None of them felt any differant. So go ahead and drop 2k on some elkas, but dont act like someone pissed in your cherreos when your over priced elkas are handling jumps whoops and everthing else you can throw at them the EXACT same as Works at a fraction of the price

your fukin high! your the guy that buys shit thinking its the best becasue of the price. I have rode on Elkas, Axis, and Works. And None of them felt any differant. So go ahead and drop 2k on some elkas, but dont act like someone pissed in your cherreos when your over priced elkas are handling jumps whoops and everthing else you can throw at them the EXACT same as Works at a fraction of the price

there you go, someone who has rode a few big name brands out there and gave his opinion based on experience, not what others told him, but i guess hes lying because he doesnt agree with you blueduece?... not all works are the $350 non rezzy, dual rate at steelers you see on ebay with the white and blue springs....

there you go, someone who has rode a few big name brands out there and gave his opinion based on experience, not what others told him, but i guess hes lying because he doesnt agree with you blueduece?... not all works are the $350 non rezzy, dual rate at steelers you see on ebay with the white and blue springs....

bingo

edit: the only ones i havent rode are fox floats becasue they dont make them for banshee's ...

Edited by Bansh-eman

Ok yeah i believe what your all saying...Its an opinion, but I really want to know if I can use fox shocks??? I been on a bike with elkas and I like the feel but I want the lite weight that fox provides...

im sure there is a way to make a work around but i havent seen anything that will allow you to bolt them right up to banshee a arms. sry