choke problem?

bigwake

ok..i couldnt get my 2000 banshee i just bought to start when i got it home..i noticed that 100 kicks later, and it started that the choke made no difference in the idle speed..so it wasn't functioning..i took the quad for a 2hr ride..straight 2 hrs of riding without shutting the motor off..idles fine..no sputter..runs like a champ!..but starts like crap..so i did the compression check..120 each..i'm at sea level by the way..i put the new plugs in..with new 93/oil mix 32:1..no difference with starting..i had a friend come over and he manually choked it with a towel in the manifold for the air filter and it started 1st kick..so we narrowed it to the choke..i inspected the choke and it looked fine..o rings were in nice shape and still there..the hose connecting both carbs is on the appears to be fine..so i put the choke back in the carb..waited over night and came out to see if it would start cold..2nd kick and got it going..i waited some hours later and started it again cold..2nd kick again..did it once last time cold that night..2nd kick again..i was super stoked that it was starting..and now the choke was affecting idle..once it started i shut the choke off and it stalled..like a cold motor should..and so i was stoked thinking i had fixed it..the next day it went back to not starting..so i manually choke it now to get it started..any ideas?

........check for a small rubber hose that goes between the 2 carbs,i think its an equlizer tube,while working on my bike one day,i left this hose off and bike took for ever to start!!replace the choke plunger but its like 30$

ya..i checked the hose..its there and good..i'm thinking with u about the plunger..i just think its wack how mine can look fine and it just doesnt work?..i'll see what happens when i get a new one

You've got the wrong floatbowl on the wrong carb, change the 2 floatbowls, the one where the choke lever is on has a passage for fuel to run through, just inspect the 2 bowls you wil see they are differant. I made that mistake once and when inspecting the bowls i saw they are not the same.

........check for a small rubber hose that goes between the 2 carbs,i think its an equlizer tube

an equalizer tube is the tube that goes from intake to intake.. he has that replaced with a boost bottle. your talking about the choke tube.. you need to connect that from carb to carb.. or your bowls are switched. if its not that your boost bottle has cracked your intakes and you need to replace them

You've got the wrong floatbowl on the wrong carb, change the 2 floatbowls, the one where the choke lever is on has a passage for fuel to run through, just inspect the 2 bowls you wil see they are differant. I made that mistake once and when inspecting the bowls i saw they are not the same.

if that was the case..i would have problems with running/fuel..which isnt the case..but thanx

an equalizer tube is the tube that goes from intake to intake.. he has that replaced with a boost bottle. your talking about the choke tube.. you need to connect that from carb to carb.. or your bowls are switched. if its not that your boost bottle has cracked your intakes and you need to replace them

i dont get this though..if i had ANY of those problems..my bike would run like S#it though..right?..i rode it 3 hrs straight..no bogging or any problems at all..no hesitation anything..its purely a choke issue

Like i said, you've got the wrong floatbowl on the wrong carb. If thats the case, the bike wil still run perfect, but your choke wil not function because of the fuel passage which the one floatbowl does not have, which function is to richen the mixture ONLY if u pull the choke. Just check it, im sure thats your problem. Like i said the bike wil run fine with the wrong one on the wrong side, but the choke wont work at all.

Like i said, you've got the wrong floatbowl on the wrong carb. If thats the case, the bike wil still run perfect, but your choke wil not function because of the fuel passage which the one floatbowl does not have, which function is to richen the mixture ONLY if u pull the choke. Just check it, im sure thats your problem. Like i said the bike wil run fine with the wrong one on the wrong side, but the choke wont work at all.

makes sense.