RDZ

Speed freak

this might be in the wrong section but ....I ordered a set of cub cylinders from RDZ for a 10mill I am putting together and ....I got the box in today looks like they ported the cylinders with a pocket knife ,,all kinds of metal shavings still in there ..and heres the kicker the cylinders have spiders and webs in them ..no exageration ..F**KIN spiders ...what a joke...If you own a company and this is the kinda product you ship out you should be embarassed to ever say you are a builder ...this may not be the right thing to do cause im sure people are gonna tell about all the good experiences with RDZ but I just had to state my opinion .........

You may have had a bad experience with RDZ, but I disagree 100% about the quality of Robs products. I have NEVER seen a better fitting brand of drag pipes, or seen better oversized carb bowls then the ones from RDZ. His quality is great, so one bad experience cant judge his product quality. I will not hesitate to get anything from RDZ again, I have been very happy with his company.

this might be in the wrong section but ....I ordered a set of cub cylinders from RDZ for a 10mill I am putting together and ....I got the box in today looks like they ported the cylinders with a pocket knife ,,all kinds of metal shavings still in there ..and heres the kicker the cylinders have spiders and webs in them ..no exageration ..F**KIN spiders ...what a joke...If you own a company and this is the kinda product you ship out you should be embarassed to ever say you are a builder ...this may not be the right thing to do cause im sure people are gonna tell about all the good experiences with RDZ but I just had to state my opinion .........

man i hate you had a bad experiance with that , i run robs stuff and he may be a little ill at times but he ports out massive power and my port job on my 421 is so clean it would cut you , im still gona back up rdz

You may have had a bad experience with RDZ, but I disagree 100% about the quality of Robs products. I have NEVER seen a better fitting brand of drag pipes, or seen better oversized carb bowls then the ones from RDZ. His quality is great, so one bad experience cant judge his product quality. I will not hesitate to get anything from RDZ again, I have been very happy with his company.

I might be wrong, but Rob doesn't make those products. He has someone make them for him. Where the cylinder porting is "his" work.

I've heard good and bad things about Rob too. But they're ALOT of people around here (MI) that arn't happy with Rob's work or customer service and wouldn't buy a shoe string from him.

I've never Dealt with Rob so I dont have a personal opinion on Him or his work, I was just stating what I hear about him localy.

I think he's worthless.

He ports a great cylinder, there is no doubt there.

I've called that guy three times in the past two years, PM'd him on Planet Sand where he's a site sponsor...and not once has he ever returned my call or PM.

And last year, I was ready to spend 2 to 3K on a cub motor, crank, head, the works....and here's the kicker, I live about an hour or so from his shop. I could've drove to get my stuff....

I guess the 3 to 4 K I would've spent with him on a motor, pipes, etc., wasn't good enough or he was just too busy....fuck him.

His pipes used to be made by Matt Shearer...I'm not sure how the falling out happened, I've heard several versions...but even his pipes today look like Shearer style pipes....

He also runs his mouth pretty recklessly about another builder from MI, as well....

I have called Jeff at fast,Rob at RDZ,And Nate McCoy.Jeff phone was disconected so I didnt get to talk to him,Rob just told me hell call me back and never did.But Nate spend about an hour explaining to me my different options with my budget And my weight.He taught me alot over the phone even tho he may not know it lol.SO hes going to be the one building my motor.I also sent rob a message through ebay about some pipes and he never responded.So I guess he doesnt realy need customers that bad

i will keep hush on my opinion of some other builders but in my own experiance rob at RDZ treated me right ..he said hed make me a great cheetah cub pipe that reved insane high rpms over a wider powerband than most and he did just that in my case ,they dont fit exaclty perfect like some pipes and they dont look the prettiest like some others do ,but they perform exactly as stated and yes ive owned shearers before ...and theyre sold now (not that matt shearers work is subpar ,cause its right up there top of the line stuff IMO) i say if your not happy with the portwork or quality id call him up immediatly and let your concerns be heard so he can make it right . cobwebs ... never heard of that before

i will keep hush on my opinion of some other builders but in my own experiance rob at RDZ treated me right ..he said hed make me a great cheetah cub pipe that reved insane high rpms over a wider powerband than most and he did just that in my case ,they dont fit exaclty perfect like some pipes and they dont look the prettiest like some others do ,but they perform exactly as stated and yes ive owned shearers before ...and theyre sold now (not that matt shearers work is subpar ,cause its right up there top of the line stuff IMO) i say if your not happy with the portwork or quality id call him up immediatly and let your concerns be heard so he can make it right . cobwebs ... never heard of that before

That's funny...cause his new "big bore" pipe he touted on PS signed off earlier than Shearer...I asked why...and his response was "why would you want to rev that high"...

i think it's pretty sad if I have to tell a builder why you'd want to rev that high, him building drag race engines and all...