TAPER BORING?

dwrracing

contact sredrum on yfztech.com he is very well known on there for his tapered carbs. talk to him to ee if he can do anything for you.

i havent heard of many ppl with 2 strokes doing taper bore. let me know how that works out for u cause thats more of a 4 stroke thing

I know LRD was doing taper bore's for 2 stroke carbs. Not sure if they're still doing it though.

contact sredrum on yfztech.com he is very well known on there for his tapered carbs. talk to him to ee if he can do anything for you.

i havent heard of many ppl with 2 strokes doing taper bore. let me know how that works out for u cause thats more of a 4 stroke thing

Depends on who you ask. Some say you should taper bore the larger carbs, some say you don't....

Haven't seen any dyno results either way....

It does in fact increase velocity...

Bernouli principle...or something like that.

I'm not about to pretend to be Einstein, but...when air tries to travel from a larger space to a smaller space...it increases velocity...

I'll pick up that Nobel Prize now for my philosophies....

LOL..

:yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao:

I'm not about to pretend to be Einstein, but...when air tries to travel from a larger space to a smaller space...it increases velocity...

LOL..

Its in the mail Dave.. :notworthy:

LOL..

its the same thing they do with central air for A/C units. from the unit the conduant is large and as it move farther from the unit and passing the vents you lose the amount of pressure to the remainng vents so they taper them down to makeup for it.

Depends on who you ask. Some say you should taper bore the larger carbs, some say you don't....

Haven't seen any dyno results either way....

Taper boring is a waste of time and effort. Technically most motorcycle carbs are tapered as cast (engine side of carb is smaller than air box side of carb). You really have to ask yourself what you think you are gaining by taper boring a carb............... :geek: