yfz rear shock conversion

djackbanshee

I would be happy to as soon as I clone myself. I am in Dillon, CO on Freightliner's SUmmer Test tour of the western US. Then, I get to hang out at one of my operations in Denver for two weeks. If I wind working less than 100 hours per week here soon, I may look at helping out here. :biggrin:

Jeez Firehead, What the heck do you do ?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would be happy to as soon as I clone myself. I am in Dillon, CO on Freightliner's SUmmer Test tour of the western US. Then, I get to hang out at one of my operations in Denver for two weeks. If I wind working less than 100 hours per week here soon, I may look at helping out here. :biggrin:

haha, as a newb from the college I can only hope for such hours, cha ching! you do have a fascinating job (to me), so I dont imagine it being that bad; at least you don't have a family to be trying to keep up with.

haha, as a newb from the college I can only hope for such hours, cha ching! you do have a fascinating job (to me), so I dont imagine it being that bad; at least you don't have a family to be trying to keep up with.

My old job was certainly alot sexier, but this new job has a better future. If I had a family, I certainly wouldn't be where I am at or doing what I am doing now. I will have to slow it down at some point though. :geek:

The problem is that it really doesn't get you much more travel, especially with the OEM link. IMO you are better off with a resprung and revalved OEM unit.

He did mention in the first post that he was using a 400ex linkage, but I am not that familiar with the ex linkage ratio vs. the stock Banshee linkage ratio.

I wonder how well this shock set up would work with the ratio of an Elka link.

Seems like that should be feesible to keep the cost down for a long travel conversion.

Edited by RZBansheeMan