backfiring or poping on right side...more like a puff

little history. the other day I posted some stuff in regards to this problem.

so...in the middle of a desert race the shee started to loose power....then bogged out and stopped.

got her home and took off the air filter. and low and behold two reeds broke off and one of them a V-Force Reed was lodged in the carb holding the slide wide open. (never found the other reed)

After shee sat for 5 months, I replaced the cages and reeds with V-Force 3's. replaced the gas in her, replaced the spark plugs and fired her up.

shee ran for about 100 yards and then I heard a loud puff...kinda like pressure release....I was slowing down and downshifting to flip a bitch when it happened...so I heard it pretty good.

then I gassed it and shee started poping or puffing and sputtering.

got her home...checked all connections, hoses, changed fuel filter, put in new plugs and verified that the slides were in right.

fired her back up and still the same.

as shee is sitting there warming up the right side (same side reeds blew out on) gets real hot while the left is still pretty cool ... if not cold.

then if you give it a little throttle....the left side blows a steady stream of smoke and the right side sputters and puffs or backfires plumes of smoke. the more you gas it the worse it gets.

again...shee was running great before this happened and according to vforce no jetting should take place.

so I dont think its a jetting issue. i went ahead and took off the carbs and cleaned them out real good...replaced them and same deal.

ANY IDEAS? im all out.

Im thinking the other reed went out the exhaust. what if anything could that have hurt. maybe its still in there...maybe its blocking something. Im at a loss...no idea.

HELP!

might want to check your top end out... sounds just like what happened to a buddy of mine this past weekend at pismo (the piston broke a ring from the exhaust port and took a little chunk out of the piston)... it was sputtering and very easy to kick over. If its not your top end, cross that off your list :cool:.

I am thinking, you have not already done so, pull the head and pipes and take a peek. I am concerned that the heating issue could be that reed stuck on the side of the piston or already damaged it and the extra friction is causing the heat. You have some strange problems so you need to start testing and eliminating things. I am a little worried about the top end.

Brandon

check carb, clean it out if needed, if not check the stator gap between the magnet and the stator should b .22

see if that helps, we had that a couple of weeks ago on a bike check the airscrew too maybe 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 turns out from completely being in

i have had some issues before like that , but first off get ride of those pos v force tazzanari blaa blla blaaa i have always had bad luck with v force 2s and 3s the 2s flow a little better but reeds seprate easy and come lose and get sucked into the motor . and the reason you dont have to jet v 3s is becasue they dont flow for shit , i had better luck with boysen (somewhat) and then got g3 power reed 6 pedal and they are a world of diffrance it leaned my cub out where i had to go up on the pilot , there is going to be a new reeds system from them on the market in 2 weeks that flows 74cfms right out of the box v3s flow like 50 . they are pricey but well worth it , i am running there old reed and it does great i have the new reeds on back order , when they come in ill take a pic of the big diffrance.

you may have already broke a ring or done something to the top end , i would pull the head and take a look .

You've gotten pretty good advice so far, but if it were me Id be looking everywhere for that missing piece of reed; it could not have just dissappeared. If its not lodged in the top end make sure its not in the exhaust system. 2-stroke exhaust systems are designed to spit exhaust fumes back into the engine; dont ask me why, thats just how the engines work. Anyways, a piece of material caught in the pipes can cause problems.