Raptor 700?

I am considering getting a Raptor 700 for trails and some duning. How do they compare to the Banshee? It looks like they sit higher, and they will obviously have a different power band. I am looking for evaluations and/or reviews.

I figured I'd like the fuel injection and power of the 700.

How do they compare to YFZ450's and other 4 stroke quads?

Do you recommend an alternative?

After I went on a really intense trail ride with my Banshee that left me overheated and stopped ten times over, pushing my quad up hills, I have considered adding a 4 stroke to my crew.

Let me know what you guys think.

Edited by feedmelies

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best friend has 2 700 Raptors, an '06 AE and a brand new SE w/ upgraded shocks. We ride dunes only and the Raptors are sweet bikes for sure but I still like my Banshee. We didn't drag race but I'm gonna say my Banshee w/ pipes, cool head, K&N and airbox removed would win by a narrow margin.

The one area where the Raptor absolutely kills the Banshee is suspension. I like to hammer through the whooped out roads and the Raptor is like going on a magic carpet ride while the Banshee is bucking like a bronco. My biggest complaint about the Raptor is the seat height.

Stock vs. stock I'd say Raptor. Add the usual bolt ons to Banshee and upgrade the shocks (which is my next project) then I'd say Banshee for sure.

i used to own a raptor 700 and they are a great quad but if you get one get one with the uprated se shocks they are even better

just dont expect a powerband though they dont have one just smooth power

i have dragged my banshee aginst my mates raptor 700

he has bolt ons and so do i and we are pretty even but the faster we get then i will start to go quicker than him but lower speeds are pretty close

id get the raptor to ride some trails. my damn shee has no traction what so ever and i wouldnt want to spend gods knows how much money on suspension, shocks, and low end power. You have that all with the 700.

unless you want to race... get the raptor. It's a blast to ride... and WAY more comfortable than the 450. The seat hieght thing isn't anything to worry about unless your a fat ass. Just learn how to use some body english is all. The seat is only like 2 or 3 inches taller than the banshees seat.

I ride my good friend craptor alot of the time... I love it! It's spunky... even in stock form. And the EFI is a HUGE +.... anytime you don't have to rejet is a good time. EFI is the future bro

I'm with loco, I'd go for the 450 before the craptor any day. If you are used to the banshee you will like the power of the 450. Its light, nimble, easy to move on, has nice suspension and its quick. Lots of upgrades out there for the 450, and its got a carb so you can do your own jetting. I'm sorry, but I just don't trust the EFI bullshit on quads yet. A sensor or wire goes bad somewhere and your fucked. I prefer to know how much fuel I'm dumping in on my own and don't trust a little computer to do it for me. Woopdy doo, it adjusts for elevation, it takes me 5min to toss in a bigger main jet with the carbs/setup I have. If you run powerjets there is no need to even change mains unless you're doing a massive elevation change.

I'd go with the 450 simply for the powerband it has. Its similar to the banshee and there is already a HUGE aftermarket of trusted parts for the 450's.

- Jared

I'm with loco, I'd go for the 450 before the craptor any day. If you are used to the banshee you will like the power of the 450. Its light, nimble, easy to move on, has nice suspension and its quick. Lots of upgrades out there for the 450, and its got a carb so you can do your own jetting. I'm sorry, but I just don't trust the EFI bullshit on quads yet. A sensor or wire goes bad somewhere and your fucked. I prefer to know how much fuel I'm dumping in on my own and don't trust a little computer to do it for me. Woopdy doo, it adjusts for elevation, it takes me 5min to toss in a bigger main jet with the carbs/setup I have. If you run powerjets there is no need to even change mains unless you're doing a massive elevation change.

I'd go with the 450 simply for the powerband it has. Its similar to the banshee and there is already a HUGE aftermarket of trusted parts for the 450's.

- Jared

i agree the 450 likes to be revved more. whats a powerjet?