Look at the frame on this thing! ?

You guys can bag on it all you want, but K&T does that. Last one I saw was at Sandfest in 1993. They had a 460cc alky bike that weighed 180 lbs. It smoked JD Racings 535cc jdss super sleeve bike. Anything to save weight while going in a straight line.

You guys can bag on it all you want, but K&T does that. Last one I saw was at Sandfest in 1993. They had a 460cc alky bike that weighed 180 lbs. It smoked JD Racings 535cc jdss super sleeve bike. Anything to save weight while going in a straight line.

i would never trust that frame, even if i was going in a straight line.

i would never trust that frame, even if i was going in a straight line.

You guys don't have the heart to be drag race only....LOL.

I saw a guy on Shearer's website, orange frame, same thing. You'd probably be nervous to run my frame....but lots of people have run cut Tyson frames, too....

I think it looks cool...but, way too much time invested for me.

they could be stickers. When I got my frame, I bought it off ebay and it looked like it was drilled like that and I asked they buyer and he said it was stickers, and sure as hell, when I got it, it was stickers. It looked drilled from the pictures. Drilling the frame like thay would only weaken it and be a waste of time.

Just go take a shit before you get on it. That is about how much weight he is saving. lol

But if the guy lined up next to you has a frame drilled like that AND takes a shit before he gets on, he has the advantage. For what I use mine for, I wouldn't do that, but for the competive racer you'd be amazed what they do for weight.

i thought it looked pretty cool, but stickers would be the way to go if it's just for the looks. imagine saving all of the shavings from drilling them out and then weighing them. i'm sure it would really be worthwhile to actually lose that weight. :banghead: maybe it makes it more aerodynamic :yelrotflmao:

Youve gotta be an experienced rider to run a bike like that, its similar to running a .125 rear rim while hittin the woops before you head up the hill - new riders always bend their thin rims and the experienced ones know what not to do. Every pound counts, even if its one :laugh:

Eric

Well good thing none of you dont have that drilled frame then. I have seen that K&T bike go down the track, its fast. How do you guys know that frame isnt chromoly or something. My guess is that it is, and if it is, then its way stronger and lighter than the stock frame. Most of the frame tubes in that picture look like they have been replaced.

We only run a .125" set of wheels in the sand and never had issues, I was railing on the whoop road and Jumping at Coos Bay last weekend too. I think theres about 14 Banshees in our group that run em.

Edited by Snopczynski