Anyone want to explain overrides to me?

OK, lets take 1-5 override tranny with nuetral down... What is it? My guess is first gear is eliminated since most draggers want to start in second? How much stronger are they? What are the ratio's like compared to stock? Does it make any sense to throw them into something other than a drag bike? Thanks guys.

OK, lets take 1-5 override tranny with nuetral down... What is it? My guess is first gear is eliminated since most draggers want to start in second? How much stronger are they? What are the ratio's like compared to stock? Does it make any sense to throw them into something other than a drag bike? Thanks guys.

a 1-5 nuet down means the neutral has been moved so its no longer between 1st and 2nd gear. to do the over ride they cut your shift drum and your tranny gears. deepending if its a normal over ride or a dunable there will be springs added to help you shift up and down.

the ratio will be the same. your using the same gears just altered to help them shift under full load without the clutch.

once you start getting into bigger hp numbers you should look at a lockup. after you have a lockup it becomes a mother to shift. this is where a dunable would suit nicely.

Bansheeman is right !!!!

Also, once you do a full drag override, your not supposed to down shift at all until you have slowed down almost to a stop.

Where as a trail cut ( maybe the same as a dunable) you can down shift just like a stock tranny. We have a guy down here who has been cutting some trail gears for the MX racers in the north east, they love them. He hasnt had any probs with them at all.

They only consist of a 1-4 override, and 5+6 require a clutch use.

Bansheeman is right !!!!

Also, once you do a full drag override, your not supposed to down shift at all until you have slowed down almost to a stop.

Where as a trail cut ( maybe the same as a dunable) you can down shift just like a stock tranny. We have a guy down here who has been cutting some trail gears for the MX racers in the north east, they love them. He hasnt had any probs with them at all.

Yep....and to add...

Even with a dunable override, you're not supposed to let the motor slow the bike down. In other words, if you're not on the gas...pull in the clutch. You're not supposed to "backload" the tranny....eventually it will bend the shift forks.

It does not change gear ratios....you basically can up shift gears under full throttle without using the clutch....

Bansheeman is right !!!!

Very interesting. so if I get a 1-4 or 1-5 I still have all 6 gears? You can literally clutchless shift overrides? Thats pretty cool if you ask me! If I were to order one from somewhere (I don't even have a shee yet) would I have to send my gears in as cores or do they just ship out a whole new unit?

if you read the post you just replied under you will also see I said I never owned a banshee. Not owning a banshee and being dumb when it comes to stuff with motors is totally different. Thats like saying why take science in school if you are not going to be an archaeologist.

For one, don't put words in my mouth! And two un-bunch those panties a little bit.

Yeah, I seen where you said you didn't own a banshee there and in some other topics, so fucking what. I never once said you were dumb when it comes to anything. But it does sound like you have a little inferiority complex going there.

There is nothing wrong with scraping up a little knowledge, as you put it, but an override trany is waaaaay down the list of mods to do to a banshee. Especially when you said yourself that you don't own one or have much experience with that particular motor. Try getting used to a stock shee before building a drag shee, thats all I meant.

Besides, you can find countless hours of reading on overrides by doing a simple search before making people reiterate information that has been covered many times over.

Oh, and if you can't take a little constructive criticism, you don't belong on a public forum. :whoops:

Thank you, have a nice day.

For one, don't put words in my mouth! And two un-bunch those panties a little bit.

Yeah, I seen where you said you didn't own a banshee there and in some other topics, so fucking what. I never once said you were dumb when it comes to anything. But it does sound like you have a little inferiority complex going there.

There is nothing wrong with scraping up a little knowledge, as you put it, but an override trany is waaaaay down the list of mods to do to a banshee. Especially when you said yourself that you don't own one or have much experience with that particular motor. Try getting used to a stock shee before building a drag shee, thats all I meant.

Besides, you can find countless hours of reading on overrides by doing a simple search before making people reiterate information that has been covered many times over.

Oh, and if you can't take a little constructive criticism, you don't belong on a public forum. :whoops:

Thank you, have a nice day.

well you came into a thread and blabbed about stuff that had absolutely nothing at all to do with the topic. All you did was talk down to a person trying to use a forum as a tool. As you put it, you need to crawl before you can sprint. Learning what stuff is, is part of crawling.

I did use the search feature about this too. Problem is the results come back way too broad. I'd search for overrides and get people saying "yeah I have a 1-5 override in my cub motor" but I never really found anything explaining exactly what it is, and the functions of it.

Putting a cart before a horse is a stupid thing to do. In order for someone to do something like that they would have to be a complete and total dumb ass. Telling me I am doing that, is pretty much calling me a dumb ass. I didn't put words in your mouth, you just need to understand how people interperate things. You can't catch emotion over the computer so a lot of smirky comments lead to big fights when in person it could have been laughs.

Constructive critisism is definitly cool with me especially if you are helping. I did not see 1 bit of help anywhere in your reply.

Edited by Joshtruction

an override trany is waaaaay down the list of mods to do to a banshee. Especially when you said yourself that you don't own one or have much experience with that particular motor. Try getting used to a stock shee before building a drag shee, thats all I meant.

and that right there would have been an absolutely great reply at first. It lets me know it is not something to worry about until you are hitting high HP numbers, and good advice on sticking to more of the basic or more needed things for a banshee noob.

josh,

as with most type of offroad toys your want to chane the suspension as one of your first steps. then pipes. then look into an adjustable timing plate. VF3 reeds. Coolhead. Dyna ignition. Stroker crank, carbs ,pistons, new clutch with a lockup, override. the list ogs on and on. these arnt in order persay but they are a pretty good to get you going in th right direction... the list is endless.

Just F.Y.I, Usually you have to send your tranny out to get cut, or for a core. provided that yours are good.

There are numberous combo`s to choose from example you can get a 6 speed auto which is more for asphalt racing. BUT just ONE time of letting the tranny slow you down............ ITS been MUNCHED NO GOOD !!!!!!

As for the 1-4, or 1-5 that can be either way with or with 5th and or 6th ( clutch needed on 5th or 6th) but not on the 1-4, or 1-5.

If asphalt looks to be your thing, a BILLET second gear is a MUST !!! Or you`ll be replacing stuff.

Very interesting. so if I get a 1-4 or 1-5 I still have all 6 gears? You can literally clutchless shift overrides? Thats pretty cool if you ask me! If I were to order one from somewhere (I don't even have a shee yet) would I have to send my gears in as cores or do they just ship out a whole new unit?

it is just what you say a 1to4 is a 4speed and a 1to5 is a 5 speed.. some can make a 1to5 with 6 using the clutch.. a 2to5 is a 3 speed.. pretty much common sense.. most ppl are going to 1to5 becus you have more gearing options then say a 2to5..

AssWhore there is no reason on beating him down over a simple question, he just wanted to know... and he can do whatever he wants to do to his banshee. Give him some advice but dont beat him down over it, I hate seeing people argue about stupid shit on this forum. Debating some shit is all in learning but not like this... Im not starting anything at all, and sorry if you taking it that way. We dont want to make this a Blue Traxx Forum do we??? :blink:

Eric

it is just what you say a 1to4 is a 4speed and a 1to5 is a 5 speed.. some can make a 1to5 with 6 using the clutch.. a 2to5 is a 3 speed.. pretty much common sense.. most ppl are going to 1to5 becus you have more gearing options then say a 2to5..

is A 2-5 A 3 speed or was that A typo ...I assume you go w/ 2-5 to have taller ratio's? (over 1-4)