Tricks to sealin coolhead

Always seems to be coolent leakin from the middle studs on my noss head, on top of the o rings is there any kinda sealent i can put in there so i dont have to keep rippin the head off

The only leak ive ever had was right when we put the one on my cub, and it was a tore o-ring. I would replace all your o-rings and see what that does. A bad one or slightly ripped would cause a leak.

The only leak ive ever had was right when we put the one on my cub, and it was a tore o-ring. I would replace all your o-rings and see what that does. A bad one or slightly ripped would cause a leak.

Yep. i experienced that friday and ran all over the place trying to find o-rings. Luckily i found a set. I also use a lot of grease to insure that they stay seated. :thumbsup:

Make sure all your o-rings are seated correctly when you start sliding the head on so you don't pinch them. I would use some acorn nuts and copper washers. That's what I use and i've never had a leak.

Hope you have the alignment dowels in the base of your cylinders.

Brandon

Why wouldn't I? I don't know what that has to do with what I said but ok.

Without the dowels, your cylinders can be pulled or stressed into position when the head is torqued. This can cause both head leaks and mostly base gasket leaks. One big problem with the dual cylinder and single head setup.

Brandon

We use super glue to hold the O-rings in place while setting the coolhead on the cylinders. That actually works better than anything else we have tried.

Hope you don't like your o-rings because that shit will eat them up in a hurry. LOL

Hope you don't like your o-rings because that shit will eat them up in a hurry. LOL

Yeah I prolly wouldnt use superglue.... Grease works good and wont mess the o rings up.

The gel type will eat them up, but not regular super glue. The bond breaks once youve torgued the head down. We have never had a problem with pinching, leaks, or them getting eaten up.

the glue only holds them in place.

To each his own, this is what works for us. I also know builders who do this as well.

Mine is still running with no problems

If it's just leaking around a stud, a little silicone on the threads should work. Make sure the copper washer is still in decent shape and the nut doesn't bottom out. Call me if that doesn't work.

You can just remove the one that is leaking. You don't have to take the head off or anything.

-David

Edited by dlnoss