Tricks to sealin coolhead

Thanx for all the replies, yeah its just leakin around the stud. My concern is if i just take the nut and washer off and silicone it, it may stop the leaking above the head but will coolent leak into the cylinder?

Shouldn't, the only place it can get into the cylinders is the 2 o-rings that go on the domes and then the spark plug holes but the plugs seal those.

If the dome o-rings aren't leaking, coolant can't get into the cylinders.

and just who are you to know so much about noss heads? :ohmy:

just kidding, bud. i really like my noss head. thanks for a great product and everything you do for the hq crowd :thanks:

i wouldn't use superglue or anything of that nature on the o-rings to install them. i used a little grease as instructed and it worked fine.

I put a ton of oring safe grease on my orings and in the grooves they go in. It took many tries because i didnt take off my tank but eventualy i got it. I kept looking under the head to make sure no orings went out of place. My bike isnt for bling but anything that helps to cool my bike is a real plus. I love my NOSS head! Interchangable doms are kick ass too! :biggrin: