wat quad fits me for a low budget?

Hey i will be getting a job here soon and am gonna save up as much as i can while my moms b/f saves up the rest for eaither a quad or bike

first lemmie tell you

im 16

6'2

180 pounds

i am actually a good quad rider because i use to have a quad when i was younger

so my question is a banshee a good quad? ive never riddin them.

whats pros and cons with them?

also i ride mainly desert and trails and somtimes the dunes.

but my question is what can i buy with a budget around 2k-3k?

oh and the quads i ushally ride is a stock z-400

if you dont mind being broke..Then a banshee is for you.Good luck brother

only if you want to be :biggrin:

banshee, sound like a perfict fit, don't ride one if you don't think you want one, once you do, you'll buy it :thumbsup:

make sure you school yourself on 2 strokes too ...oh & most important, find the BHQ alot a help there,

& welcome to the addiction :yelrotflmao:

Thanks

what do u mean by "if you dont mind being broke"??

also yes the only 2-stroke i ever riddin was a kx85 when i was like 10 and i flew off that bitch.

so what should i know about the 2-stroke banshees vs the 400-450 4-strokes.

also will the banshee be reliable? my friends who have 400ex and my other who has a z400 can beat them to shit in the desert and they always seem fine

Thanks

They all mean that they are money pits, but more fun than any other quad youll own hands down. You cant ever keep them stock! For your rough riding trails: The suspension on them is very rough, not well thought out, compared to todays 450s. Some a-arms and shocks will fix that. And for the dunes, well youve found the right beast! :thumbsup:

Goodluck

Eric

If you are looking for a budget quad, a raptor 660 is tough to beat. They are cheap and there are lots of them around. Also a fun bike to mess around with.

Hey i will be getting a job here soon and am gonna save up as much as i can while my moms b/f saves up the rest for eaither a quad or bike

first lemmie tell you

im 16

6'2

180 pounds

i am actually a good quad rider because i use to have a quad when i was younger

so my question is a banshee a good quad? ive never riddin them.

whats pros and cons with them?

also i ride mainly desert and trails and somtimes the dunes.

but my question is what can i buy with a budget around 2k-3k?

oh and the quads i ushally ride is a stock z-400

you cant come on here and ask if a banshee is a good quad. what the hell do you think everyone is going to say. :ermm:

you cant come on here and ask if a banshee is a good quad. what the hell do you think everyone is going to say. :ermm:

chill brotha i love my banshee more than anything but i will tell him that if you get one every single penny you earn will end up going towards it. like the other guy said 660s are great bikes too. you can beat the shit out of them and they will keep going. One main thing i hate about 4-pokes is rebuild time might not be as often but damn if it wasn't a pain in the ass and ungodly expensive.

ok im sure im going to get hell for saying this but im going to anyway..

i wouldnt get a banshee.. yes its a great quad and parts are not too expencive considering what things cost these days on any bike,they are fast and you can make them super stupid fast. but the truth of the matter is that reserch and development basically stopped on them years ago so as the new stuff hits the market like the 4 stroke 450's and raptors they are being improved on with every new modle year. the banshee has been the same with a few small changes since its debut in the late 80's. i love my banshee dont get me wrong, but if i could find a 450 that had the same comfort in the seating possition as the banshee i would traide any day. the only reason i got a banshee is the seating style on it. i dont like the motorcycle style seat set up on the 450's. i like the deeper more relaxed seat style..

anyway my advice would be to find a couple people with different quads like a banshee, a trx 450 yfz 450 and ride them and see what feels the best to you. its a lot of money to spend if you end up not liking what you get

i have herd alot of good replies so thanks for em

im just really stuck on what i wanna get..

if i could pick any quad i would go with the trx450(over the yfz450) because it feels better cause im taller and its a perfect desert quad

but a huge part of me wants a banshee cause every1 says u can find one for cheep and with a few mods you will fly

but on the rebuilding department..how many times would u a year? like i hear stories of top ends going out and the motor just blowing

I have a 2000 that is still on its first top end. They dont just "blow up" its ususally a driver error on jetting or something simple like that. If you want a bike thats easy to work on, and that will scream for not a whole lot of $$ get a shee.

if your not looking to work on your bike all the time and you just want to ride and have fun, get a 4 stroke. banshee are kinda biased on here(go figure) if your track riding hands down 4 stroke. you dont have to work th clutch like a 2 stroke. you can go into a hard corner in thrid gear and leave in third gear pulling strong. cant say the same with a 2 stroke. a shit ton of clutch work and shifting invloved.

downfall to 4strokes is when they break they are a bitch to work on if you dont have the tools and experiance compaired to a 2 stroke. alot more moving parts to get within specs on them, but they out last 2 strokes for the most part once built.

Edited by Bansh-eman

Thanks

also yes the only 2-stroke i ever riddin was a kx85 when i was like 10 and i flew off that bitch.

so what should i know about the 2-stroke banshees vs the 400-450 4-strokes.

also will the banshee be reliable? my friends who have 400ex and my other who has a z400 can beat them to shit in the desert and they always seem fine

Not being broke all the time as a banshee owner takes alot of self control. It's usually not so much spending money to fix stuff that's broke, but spending money to make it go faster. With all the different go fast goodies that are available for a banshee, it's very easy to spend lots of $$$$$.

As far as the reliability, banshee really are much more reliable than alot of people give them credit for. As long as you make sure you take care of your shee, it's usually a fairly reliable machine.

Now, about those 400ex's and z400's beating banshees.......The day I start getting beat to shit by 400ex's and Z400's is the day I buy a "for sale" sign for my shee.